Vince Young, What do you make of it?

BillsLux

You really think T Jackson is here to motivate Fitz? I think he is here because the other backups have sucked, and they want someone that is at least competent to send out there if Fitz goes down in a game, or for a few games. I hope TJ is competent enough. I certainly think he is better than the other backups.

I do. None of us know exactly what the motivation is, but it's clear the team has continued to add other QB's after already having Thigpen as a "backup". It's clear that Fitzpatrick is getting paid as a starter and I would think that they would expect him to perform like one. Regardless of the injury excuse, last year was far too many mistakes. If I read between the lines (at least from my perspective), Thigpen has performed no better than Fitzpatrick. Why WOULDN'T they want to try to motivate a guy that hasn't played up to his contract?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the contracts. There's a big part of your answer as to why VY has been shown the door.

I'm not clear on your point here. Thigpen is at $9m over three years and Young signed for 1 year at less than $2m.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not clear on your point here. Thigpen is at $9m over three years and Young signed for 1 year at less than $2m.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep. The money is about a wash. Thigpen was scheduled to make 2.5 in salary. VY just under 2 mil, and they gave him a 350K signing bonus. Jackson's salary was reduced from 4 mil to under 3, with some incentives that he isn't likely to hit barring season ending injury to Fitz.

I do. None of us know exactly what the motivation is, but it's clear the team has continued to add other QB's after already having Thigpen as a "backup". It's clear that Fitzpatrick is getting paid as a starter and I would think that they would expect him to perform like one. Regardless of the injury excuse, last year was far too many mistakes. If I read between the lines (at least from my perspective), Thigpen has performed no better than Fitzpatrick. Why WOULDN'T they want to try to motivate a guy that hasn't played up to his contract?

Motivating Fitz isn't the main reason they signed TJ. They need a backup QB, they haven't gotten good play from the backups they had, so they brought in a different guy. The real point is, they would have brought in another guy regardless of who was the 1st string. If it were Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or whoever you think is a great QB, they still want to get a better back up. It's not about Fitz, if you wanna believe it is, let me know, so I can block you and not have to be annoyed by ill-thought posts. Thank you.

Motivating Fitz isn't the main reason they signed TJ. They need a backup QB, they haven't gotten good play from the backups they had, so they brought in a different guy. The real point is, they would have brought in another guy regardless of who was the 1st string. If it were Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or whoever you think is a great QB, they still want to get a better back up. It's not about Fitz, if you wanna believe it is, let me know, so I can block you and not have to be annoyed by ill-thought posts. Thank you.

Thank you Matt. I agree that there are some who are just Fitz haters and want to make any excuse to stir the pot. Don't know why they can't comprehend that this is Fitz team and nobody else.

TJack isn't here to motivate Fitz. I think Fitz is already entirely motivated. Motivation isn't Fitz's issue - it's talent. Fitz isn't a bad QB but he's not a great one either.

But whatever Fitz's flaws may be, he's dramatically better than VY or TT. If Fitz got hurt, our season would be over.

Last year Gailey apparently decided a Fitz with broken ribs is still better than a healthy Thigpen. That's why TJack was brought here - to be the backup and take over the team if Fitz gets hurt. For a throwaway draft pick, we get some depth at a position where it's desparately needed.

VY blew his chance simple. Man his career is slipping. I was hoping he make it. Maybe this is the wrong offence for him. I thought if Fitz went down Vince could win a game or 2. Guess not.

As Warren Sapp said during the Saturday night broadcast: "The trouble with Vince Young is... he doesn't like football."

There is a bottom line for you.