Napolitano sued...by immigration agents

Busy week for her,

Which law suit comes first ?

Janet Napolitano Accused of Sexual Harassment | Reuters

Saw that one too. Interesting week for sure. I imagine the higher ups will want to 'take care' of the immigration issue first. Just my guess.

Why are they suing her?

From article.....

"In both instances, the Obama administration ordered federal law enforcement agents to break the law, to ignore the laws that they're supposed to enforce, and, in the case of the ICE agents, to actually break federal laws that say you're supposed to deport certain people," he said. "And in each case, the Obama administration seems to be doing so for political reasons."

Saw that one too. Interesting week for sure. I imagine the higher ups will want to 'take care' of the immigration issue first. Just my guess.

From article.....

"In both instances, the Obama administration ordered federal law enforcement agents to break the law, to ignore the laws that they're supposed to enforce, and, in the case of the ICE agents, to actually break federal laws that say you're supposed to deport certain people," he said. "And in each case, the Obama administration seems to be doing so for political reasons."

More accurately, they're suing for the unconstitutionality of the directive, arguing (quite reasonably), that the executive is infringing on Congress' powers of legislation.

Not that you're wrong, just that "politicking" isn't usually grounds for a suit.

More accurately, they're suing for the unconstitutionality of the directive, arguing (quite reasonably), that the executive is infringing on Congress' powers of legislation.

Not that you're wrong, just that "politicking" isn't usually grounds for a suit.

Agreed. I alluded to that in my original post about 'another' executive order or two taking care of this. This may really create a headache for the President..... and it certainly puts him in a position where his 'power' will need to be defined. Or better yet...where his power, per the constitution, will be confined.

Agreed. I alluded to that in my original post about 'another' executive order or two taking care of this. This may really create a headache for the President..... and it certainly puts him in a position where his 'power' will need to be defined. Or better yet...where his power, per the constitution, will be confined.

I just like the fact that the raving lunatic liberals who ranted about Bush interpreting laws he signed with signing statements have absolutely no problem with Obama going ridiculously farther with it.

This lawsuit seeks to prevent law enforcement officer Plaintiffs from
being forced to either violate federal law if they comply with the unlawful Directive or risk adverse employment action if they disobey
the unlawful orders of the DHS Secretary. This lawsuit also seeks to preserve the balance of legislative and executive powers established by the United States Constitution.

The possibility of “adverse employment action” isn’t theoretical. An ICE agent in Delaware was threatened with suspension if he didn’t release an illegal alien with 10 prior traffic violations. In El Paso, two ICE agents doing a routine inmate screening found an illegal alien who’d been arrested by cops for domestic assault; the illegal alien attempted to escape, assaulting one of the agents in the process, and was then released — and the ICE officers were questioned by supervisors regarding possible disciplinary action because the illegal alien was a DREAMer.

That’s why the ICE union is circulating a petition asking ICE director John Morton to stop punishing agents for doing their jobs. It’s already got 56,000 signatures

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/314833/suing-stop-obama-amnesty-mark-krikorian

From article.....

I know so once again why are they sueing her and not the Federal Government? She didn't issue the executive order.

I know so once again why are they sueing her and not the Federal Government? She didn't issue the executive order.

Probably because if they sue the White House, Obama will just issue an executive order voiding the suit...

I suppose it's a chain of command thing....starting with the Napolitano. She 'carries' out his orders and she did recently testify before House Judiciary Committee. Perhaps cross examining her will be an easier target. The issue, however, is clearly 'above' her head and seems to be much broader than this issue.

Ultimately, I'm not sure so I guess I'll leave your question to the lawyers here.

And what, get a completely wrong answer??

Completely wrong is a tough target. It may be 'wrong'....in every visceral sense....but legally it will be 'right.' :bag:

Regardless of 'who' is sued here, it doesn't take a 'rocket surgeon' to determine something funny is going on with these executive orders.