Bledsoe and Lindelll

our "D" allowed a 58 yard run from scrimmage that resulted in a TD 1 play later

Our "D" allowed a nearly 10 minute drive when we needed the ball in the 4th qtr

Blame Bledsoe, but admit that you don't understand football as a complete game.

188272[/snapback]

Our D also scored a touchdown.

The whole team choked today. You can't single out Bledsoe.

With that said Losman needs to start next year. Starting Bledsoe for another season will accomlish nothing. The Bills will be a runnig team next year with the QB being a supporting part of the offense. Much like Pittsburghs offense this year.

Bledsoe will be an expensive backup. They may want to look at a cheaper option.

188272[/snapback]

We needed an average Drew Bledsoe today to have an average game against 2nd stringers. We didn't get it. While there is plenty of blame to go around, he deserves a big slice.

I've been a big supporter of Bledsoe, but the Bills won games in spite of him. He had his moments, but I really believe a good deal of NFL QBs could have easily down the same job as him, maybe even better. A great stat I heard today was the Bills have 40 drive starts in the opponents' territory, the most in the league. I just don't believe Bledsoe is the man for the this team anymore. I credit the coaches for making him decent this year but honestly is he much better than Boller or even Dilfer??? And Lindell is just awful, but he is great at kicking xps and 300 yard field goals, course he missed today. You mena to tell me that Lindell is one of the 30 best kickers in the world. Gimme a break. It ended up being a great season, just sucks the way it ended. Let's go with Losman, maybe he can make a few plays with his legs. And I wager he won't throw 18 ints. Sorry to go off, good ending to the season. Hopefully, next year is our year. :(

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

188272[/snapback]

OK, DB got intercepted twice, cause a THIRD TO, and Lindell missed an EASY FG.

We needed Bledsoe to step up today and have a big game for us today. He couldn't do it, he couldn't make the big play and he couldn't play mistake-free. As much as I've supported Drew in the past, the Bledsoe era in Buffalo needs to end now. This was the one he had to win, and he couldn't do it, and in fact his mistake ended up costing us the ballgame. I would rather take my lumps with Losman next season right out of the gate, rather than go through another rollercoaster like this season with Bledsoe at the controls.

As for Lindell, he has never impressed me. He is not clutch. I hold my breath everytime he kicks. When he missed the field goal today, I was almost expecting that to happen. He is average at best, and kickers like him are a dime a dozen. I say cut him, and get someone else. It is unlikely his replacement would be any worse, and there's a good chance he would be better.

188272[/snapback]

You can try to cover up all the stats, but the key was that Bledsoe was awful today, and deserves a big share of the balme. He had no poise early in the game against the Pitt starters and his first half performance was putrid. It was his performance in the first half that set the stage for the game.

The gamebook on the Bills is easy. Stop McGahee and make Bledsoe beat you. In the 6 game winning streak, Bills played inferior opponents that couldn't overcome the Bills' special teams and defensive plays letting Bledsoe off the hook. On the winning streak, Bledose was called in to save the day once.

Today, Bledsoe needed to have a decent, not superlative game. He was terrible in the first half and that set the stage for the loss. You can blame all other factors, but if Bledsoe has an ok first half against Steelers second string, all things that happened afterwards aren't a factor.