Any frequent Jet Blue flyers?

zevo

Well It turns out Im gunna be up in the air 1 hour after kickoff on sept 9 and Im not happy about this..im even looking at having my wife change my flight to the 6am flight....anyway I am flying Jet BLue from Orlando to Buffalo on a direct flight....I did a little reserach and It seems Jet Blue offers directv and possibly NFL ticket.....is this true from anyone with any experience with it? Also I have directv at home....is there anyway to stream my programming from my house in Buffalo to my iPhone while im in the airport? Thanks

Well It turns out Im gunna be up in the air 1 hour after kickoff on sept 9 and Im not happy about this..im even looking at having my wife change my flight to the 6am flight....anyway I am flying Jet BLue from Orlando to Buffalo on a direct flight....I did a little reserach and It seems Jet Blue offers directv and possibly NFL ticket.....is this true from anyone with any experience with it? Also I have directv at home....is there anyway to stream my programming from my house in Buffalo to my iPhone while im in the airport? Thanks

Yes on the Direct TV with Jet Blue and Yes that they have the NFL package.

Yes also on getting Direct TV on your phone. You need to make sure you have an online account set up with Direct TV. You may need to call Direct TV and either pay for, or bargain for, the internet version of the Sunday Ticket (not expensive, but a lot of times they will throw it in for free). You can then watch the games from your computer or phone.

but if Im in florida and my account is connected to my buffalo address...my stream should come from my home system...right? also doesnt directv do the first week of the nfl ticket for free?

btw thanks for your input...i was really poed by all of this but it looks like i may luck out....

Yes on the Direct TV with Jet Blue and Yes that they have the NFL package.

Yes also on getting Direct TV on your phone. You need to make sure you have an online account set up with Direct TV. You may need to call Direct TV and either pay for, or bargain for, the internet version of the Sunday Ticket (not expensive, but a lot of times they will throw it in for free). You can then watch the games from your computer or phone.

Or get a Slingbox and buy the app for your iPhone; then you can stream anything from your home DirecTV receiver to the phone.

Zevo, I think you are getting some bad information here.

First, Jetblue does have DirectTV but it is a limited package and does not include Sunday ticket. They have 36 of the most popular channels. This is confirmed by their website http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/directv/?intcmp=hd_fojb_directv and my experiences last year. Since they do have the major networks, there is a chance the game you want may be on CBS or Fox and hence you can see it.

Also, you should be aware that if you are flying internationally, or over the gulf or some large body of water you lose the DirectTV coverage.

Additionally, JetBlue is trying to add Wifi to their planes. This is planned for "late 2012". If your plane was equipped with Wifi, you could watch the game from a phone, lapper, or tablet.

Lastly, I am not sure if Eball or Booger have flown in the last decade so I update them on some airline policies. 1) You are not allowed to use cell phones on airplanes. 2) If you tried to hide watching the game on your cell phone, there is a chance a flight attendant could catch you, and give you some crap. 3) Even if you can hide your phone and watch try to watch the game, at 35,000 feet cell phone coverage is spotty and it would be near impossible to stream video.

I fly Jetblue weekly. I will be on a flight Thursday and will confirm these policies for you. Best of luck.

JetBlue used to have Sunday Ticket, but dropped it after 2010. They've had the RedZone since. As IslandBillsFan pointed out, you should also get whatever games are on their CBS/Fox affiliates, which I believe are the NYC feeds.

Edited by BuffaloBrad

Zevo, I think you are getting some bad information here.

First, Jetblue does have DirectTV but it is a limited package and does not include Sunday ticket. They have 36 of the most popular channels. This is confirmed by their website http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/directv/?intcmp=hd_fojb_directv and my experiences last year. Since they do have the major networks, there is a chance the game you want may be on CBS or Fox and hence you can see it.

Also, you should be aware that if you are flying internationally, or over the gulf or some large body of water you lose the DirectTV coverage.

Additionally, JetBlue is trying to add Wifi to their planes. This is planned for "late 2012". If your plane was equipped with Wifi, you could watch the game from a phone, lapper, or tablet.

Lastly, I am not sure if Eball or Booger have flown in the last decade so I update them on some airline policies. 1) You are not allowed to use cell phones on airplanes. 2) If you tried to hide watching the game on your cell phone, there is a chance a flight attendant could catch you, and give you some crap. 3) Even if you can hide your phone and watch try to watch the game, at 35,000 feet cell phone coverage is spotty and it would be near impossible to stream video.

I fly Jetblue weekly. I will be on a flight Thursday and will confirm these policies for you. Best of luck.

Dude, when is the last time you have flown. You can absolutely use your cell on a flight..albeit in airplane mode.

Next, in my experiences trying to stream video on a flight just does not work so well, and that is using the inboard wifi..not cell

I would rebook to the earlier flight

Edited by plenzmd1

Lastly, I am not sure if Eball or Booger have flown in the last decade so I update them on some airline policies. 1) You are not allowed to use cell phones on airplanes.

In-flight wifi, IBF.

The cellphone question was in regards to watching while in the airport.

JetBlue used to have Sunday Ticket, but dropped it after 2010. They've had the RedZone since. As IslandBillsFan pointed out, you should also get whatever games are on their CBS/Fox affiliates, which I believe are the NYC feeds.

so if it is indeed the NYC feed then I could luck out being that the bills are playing the Jets....can anyone else confirm this feed?