NASA Curiosity landing

Worked flawlessly!

There were downward looking cameras during landing. We eventually will get video of the landing from Curiosity's viewpoint. During descent, the earth set, so the data was being relayed from a satellite orbiting Mars. They have a week or two of testing and Curiosity stretching its "legs". Color photos after that.

• 3 weeks later...

Bill Nye has had enough of Conservative ignorance!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bill-nye-science-guy-hits-evolution-deniers-123047918--abc-news-tech.html

Nye then goes on to urge adults not to deny the teaching of evolution to young people.

"And I say to the grownups, if you want to deny evolution and live in your world, in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need people that can - we need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems.

"It's just really a hard thing, it's really a hard thing. You know, in another couple of centuries that world view, I'm sure, will be, it just won't exist. There's no evidence for it."

Too bad we don't have economists as well respected that could pour cold water on the idiotic ideas of balanced budget amendments and a return to the gold standard

Bill Nye has had enough of Conservative ignorance!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bill-nye-science-guy-hits-evolution-deniers-123047918--abc-news-tech.html

Too bad we don't have economists as well respected that could pour cold water on the idiotic ideas of balanced budget amendments and a return to the gold standard

Hey Baghdad Bob, those balanced budgets sure are silly and that Bill Nye sure is a genius!

Worked flawlessly!

There were downward looking cameras during landing. We eventually will get video of the landing from Curiosity's viewpoint. During descent, the earth set, so the data was being relayed from a satellite orbiting Mars. They have a week or two of testing and Curiosity stretching its "legs". Color photos after that.

I think I saw some video from the lander's view point...it was (predictably) just a bunch of yellow/orange fuzziness.

Hey Baghdad Bob, those balanced budgets sure are silly and that Bill Nye sure is a genius!

It quite litterally is causing me great pain to say this, but as much as balanced budgets are a very good thing (read: economic necessity) as a general concept, the idea that we could handcuff a necessary (real domestic) defense of our borders by restricting out ability to spend over budget to repel an invasion is repugnant.

!@#$. I feel dirty.

I think I saw some video from the lander's view point...it was (predictably) just a bunch of yellow/orange fuzziness.

Good work here...ignoring the connerly conner...and trying to get your thread back on track.

Been looking for pics on this every day. Nice to be able to break the streak of failures.

It quite litterally is causing me great pain to say this, but as much as balanced budgets are a very good thing (read: economic necessity) as a general concept, the idea that we could handcuff a necessary (real domestic) defense of our borders by restricting out ability to spend over budget to repel an invasion is repugnant.

!@#$. I feel dirty.

Nobody is arguing against that. I'm talking general concept.

!@#$. I feel dirty.

Seriously, that's the only reason going into debt is necessary? Would you like to see the budget balanced during a recession?

Bill Nye: The Paul Krugman of scientists.

Refresh my memory...is his show still wedged between Scooby Doo! and The Electric Company?

Reaching out from the gutter to criticze the Great Paul Krugman? What do you not like about him?

Seriously, that's the only reason going into debt is necessary? Would you like to see the budget balanced during a recession?

Reaching out from the gutter to criticze the Great Paul Krugman? What do you not like about him?

I'm growing weary of this. State your own positions.