Kelsay...

To add a little more grist to the mill, Shawne Merriman was on GR this morning, and he is a pretty good interview. Howard Simon asked him who are the leaders of this 2012 Bills team and he said we have a lot of vets on this team who are leaders but there are some guys that don't get the attention others do who are the leaders and then he mentioned Kyle Williams and Chris Kelsay, and then after that included Fitz.

I really don't think that he included Kyle and Kelsay because they are members of the DL now like he is, I think he was talking about the entire team, especially because he was with the linebackers his first two seasons.

IMO, I still contend that Kelsay is a pretty decent player, and I'm glad to have him on the team, we simply should have paid him about 4 mil a year instead of almost 6.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of bro love reminds me of the old Jim Stafford song, My Girl Bill.

I think that is the shortest post you have ever made.

& for the record count me in on the group that thinks Kelsay sucks. When your getting paid starter money, are in on the majority of the defensive snaps & are looked upon as a team leader as Kelsay is, it would be kind of nice for him to make a meaningfull play once in awhile. The stache says they going with eight DL. I hope he gets cut. Go with the 2 Williams, Dareus, Merriman, Anderson, Johnson, Carrington & Edwards. I would be fine with those 8 up front.

Does he have a permit for those?

No Doubt!

Those over fed pythons will cause fear and trembling before he blows past the Tackle and around the outside of the qb.

Fear Factor, The Kelsay Episodes. Can he repeat the mauling he gave the Redskins last year this upcoming pre season game?

I think he can.

Stay tuned.

I think I hate Kelsay more than anyone. To be clear, it's not because he doesn't pressure the QB. He is a decent pass rusher and could easily get 5-7 sacks this year with a better supporting cast. My problem with him is his ability to stop runs. He might as well be Aaron Maybin out there. Over the last 2-3 seasons, the Bills have been setting milestones and near records for Rushing Yards Allowed. If anyone should be held accountable, it's Kelsay. He has not disrupted a running play in 2-3 seasons. He had Reggie Bush trapped behind the line but Bush ran through him like a piece of paper. Bush is not considered a power-back, but he looked like Jerome Bettis on that play.

Don't be a hater.

Or....."Don't hate the player, hate the game."

I think I hate Kelsay more than anyone. To be clear, it's not because he doesn't pressure the QB. He is a decent pass rusher and could easily get 5-7 sacks this year with a better supporting cast. My problem with him is his ability to stop runs. He might as well be Aaron Maybin out there. Over the last 2-3 seasons, the Bills have been setting milestones and near records for Rushing Yards Allowed. If anyone should be held accountable, it's Kelsay. He has not disrupted a running play in 2-3 seasons. He had Reggie Bush trapped behind the line but Bush ran through him like a piece of paper. Bush is not considered a power-back, but he looked like Jerome Bettis on that play.

You have a good point about his run stop. He was unable to shed blockers or get leverage when he was playing that hybrid crap.

He will do better when he is getting off the ball.

Chris needs to learn to be patient and maintain leverage in the run game. But his main directive in the run has been seal the edge and force the play inside. That why we see him getting pushed around the tackle as the play develops. With a 4-3 of Wannies. One of four big men will be in that gap this year. and that is gonna leave a mark.

As long as Kelsay does his job as he was asked to do it, as he has mostly done, The team will be fine.

But you are right he needs to strengthen up his run stop skills to have success this year.

He's also been a defensive end playing OLB for the past 2-3 seasons. I'm not exactly a fan of Kelsay's...but hating him because the coaches had him playing out of position is a bit much.