1991 Buffalo Bills NFL Primetime

Since we are reminiscing about the old days, and since I don't want to start a thread on this... been watching a bunch of games from the 1988 season. Right when the team finally, turned the corner. That team that year was terrific, especially on defense. I am hoping this coming season is 1988 all over again.

One thing I am sure I saw at the time, but didn't remember...on a MNF game, week 11, the Bills record went to 10-1, with a beat down of the Dolphins. The team clinched a playoff spot that night (imagine, week 11!), and concurrently, Marv Levy clinched his first NFL playoff season, as an NFL head-coach...in the waning moments of the game, Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett dumped a bucket of water (with lots of ice) on him...man, he looked absolutely pissed! It made me laugh...it wasn't one of those deals where he looked shocked for a moment (that had to be cold), and then chuckled with them...he had a really stern look on his face, and as they are laughing and whooping it up, Marv just turns back to the field, and coaches right up to the final moments, without really acknowledging them in any kind of positive way...those teams really were exuberant. I know that kind of thing turns a lot of people off, but, for me, as long as it doesn't affect the game (Stevie!), I got no problem with it...good old days! :thumbsup:

Our field looked like asphalt painted green.

PTR

I gotta say, I do like the red endzones though! The new blue endzone, with the script they use for the lettering, doesn't look bad, but it just kind of reminds me of the Colts for some reason.

Since we are reminiscing about the old days, and since I don't want to start a thread on this... been watching a bunch of games from the 1988 season. Right when the team finally, turned the corner. That team that year was terrific, especially on defense. I am hoping this coming season is 1988 all over again.

Picking up the idea that you can recognize up-and-coming teams, I remember well the feeling in 1987 that the Bills roster had accumulated so much talent that it seemed certain that they would arrive in earnest in 1988, which they did.

One thing I am sure I saw at the time, but didn't remember...on a MNF game, week 11, the Bills record went to 10-1, with a beat down of the Dolphins. The team clinched a playoff spot that night (imagine, week 11!), and concurrently, Marv Levy clinched his first NFL playoff season, as an NFL head-coach...in the waning moments of the game, Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett dumped a bucket of water (with lots of ice) on him...man, he looked absolutely pissed! It made me laugh...it wasn't one of those deals where he looked shocked for a moment (that had to be cold), and then chuckled with them...he had a really stern look on his face, and as they are laughing and whooping it up, Marv just turns back to the field, and coaches right up to the final moments, without really acknowledging them in any kind of positive way...those teams really were exuberant. I know that kind of thing turns a lot of people off, but, for me, as long as it doesn't affect the game (Stevie!), I got no problem with it...good old days! :thumbsup:

I gotta say, I do like the red endzones though! The new blue endzone, with the script they use for the lettering, doesn't look bad, but it just kind of reminds me of the Colts for some reason.

Marv was a ass. Totally anti hunting, even though as a city boy he knew nothing about it. Kent Hull showed up one time in camo just to say screw you Marv :thumbsup:

Picking up the idea that you can recognize up-and-coming teams, I remember well the feeling in 1987 that the Bills roster had accumulated so much talent that it seemed certain that they would arrive in earnest in 1988, which they did.

I remember going to a game against the 'skins in '87 which we lost 27-7 or something like that. Before the game I thought that this game would show if we were ready for prime time or not. This was the strike year, but in the non-strike games we were 2-1 having scored 96 points (but allowed 92). We weren't quite ready. 'Skins went on to win the Super Bowl, and we finished 7-8.