Tim Graham on Brad Riter podcast regarding Bills changing culture

bbb

Thanks. I figured it would be. I haven't had a chance to listen yet myself because I'm busy, but will do it shortly.

I know you are a big Riter fan, after listenig to this, I get it. I will make listenign to his podcasts a regular thing. I loved the fact that it was just a solid, fluid, 45 minutes of Bills talk (mostly), without any commercials.

Loved heargin TG lamenting about his "mixed emotions" to returning to covering "just sports". He talks for a few minutes about a story he wrote for the Buffalo News, concerning some Desert Storm vets, and their families...sounds like a great read...Riter cracked me up when he says (after TG's soliloquy about his story), "and now your writing about Aaron Maybin, and Shawne Merriman's ankle" :lol:

I know you are a big Riter fan, after listenig to this, I get it. I will make listenign to his podcasts a regular thing. I loved the fact that it was just a solid, fluid, 45 minutes of Bills talk (mostly), without any commercials.

Loved heargin TG lamenting about his "mixed emotions" to returning to covering "just sports". He talks for a few minutes about a story he wrote for the Buffalo News, concerning some Desert Storm vets, and their families...sounds like a great read...Riter cracked me up when he says (after TG's soliloquy about his story), "and now your writing about Aaron Maybin, and Shawne Merriman's ankle" :lol:

Our tastes are so similar that I knew you'd like Brad if you heard him in his best setting. You probably only heard him on GR, where I think the hosts often HAVE to talk about things that aren't that interesting - and try to solicit calls.

This here, to me, is really good news - Brad announced today that he's now going to be "Managing Editor" of the Trending Buffalo website. I really liked the site already, but I think it's now going to be the go to site for all things Buffalo (after the News). He's got a great rolodex of guests that I'm sure he'll be using all during the Bills season - Tim, Ruben Brown, Bob Gaughan, etc,:

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/trending-buffalo-is-a-thing/

It's interesting that Murph and Brad (staples of the One on One Sports era at WBEN) now provide alternatives to the "consutant's playbook/lowest common denominator" format that 'GR's run for so many years, or the bomb throwing approach the Snooze columnists (not the beat guys or Tim Graham) have embraced.

Looks like a brighter day is coming for Buffalo sports fans...

Hoping this new venture will have success. Certainly at present a huge void in terms of local sports information for those concerned about Buffalo as a community and its local teams. Can recall initially be most pleased when wgr became a all sports station and wanted very much to support it and its success. It ludicrous today that today on station are hosts in some cases who complain about talking the local issues or its sports teams, in some cases even state openly they not even interested the sports they comment on. Hoping that Brad and site have success, that they are able in some fashion to shake up the sporting media lock that demeans the journalistic mandate they occupy , as this group long ago abandoned the mandate that they be the communities advocate in sporting news.

GR has its' problems, but, I give them major kudos for all of the improvements since becoming the new Bills station. I love the fact that they have a two hour, year round, daily Bills/NFL show, as well as a 2 hour Sabres show. I suppose, during the football season, John Murphy's show will get pre-empted a few days a week for a Sabres broadcast...but I dig what they are doing there...I suppose they could cover more high school/local college stuff. Right or wrong though, I am not as interested in that stuff, though I would likely still listen to it... NASCAR talk is about the only thing I can't endure.

As much as people hate Shcoop and Bulldog, when focused on sports they aren't so bad..with Bills and Sabres, they will be focused on sports a lot more, I get a feeling. And, I think Howard & Jeremy do a pretty decent morning show. Major kudos for getting Colin Cowherd off the airwaves of WNY. :thumbsup:

I may be the only one, but I love Schoops Saturday morning sports collectables show. I can never listen to it live. I wish he would take more callers, but I get the feeling he doesn't get that many. If I was listening live, I would call...

btw- anyone who listens to the Sabres show: I am not sure how interesting that is going to be year round...Sylvester is much better with a sidekick. Andrew Peters was a terrible hockey player, but he is actually pretty funny when he sits in with Sylvester...he gets my vote...

Edited by Buftex