Bills highpriced D has dominating start

HOUSE

PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP)

Giggling uncontrollably, Marcell Dareus was still having a difficult time containing his excitement Sunday, a day after getting a first glimpse of the Buffalo Bills' revamped, high-priced defensive line's potential.

There's no question, Mario Williams and Co. looked impressive in their first practice in shoulder pads Saturday, three days into camp.

''Shut your mouth,'' Dareus, the second-year defensive tackle said, before bursting into a fit of laughter. ''There's really not much I can say except, what you see is what you get. I don't think we're over-rated. I don't think we're under-rated. I think we're right where we're supposed to be.'' /SNIP

http://msn.foxsports...-start-99036552

Edited by HOUSE

That's just Super!

I'm worried, though!

Do we have a corresponding dominating O to go along with the dominating D? Because if we don't even have a 1/2 way decent O or better than average QB there's no point to having a dominating D.

We had a "half way decent" O last year while our QB had cracked ribs, we lost our top RB, our top WR was limited, and a few other WRs had injuries. There's no reason to think we can't pick up where we started off last year on offense, if not improve, since we brought back so many players.

(forgot to mention the injuries on the line too!)

Edited by Dorkington

We had a "half way decent" O last year while our QB had cracked ribs, we lost our top RB, our top WR was limited, and a few other WRs had injuries. There's no reason to think we can't pick up where we started off last year on offense, if not improve, since we brought back so many players.

(forgot to mention the injuries on the line too!)

With Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB? For a full season? Many of us Bills fans just don't see that happening.

With Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB? For a full season? Many of us Bills fans just don't see that happening.

Oh really? Please explain. What, you expect Vince Young to take over?? :lol::lol:

Even with the "rib" injury --- how many games did Fitz miss?

-----------------------------------

None of the problems of the past were evident in a practice that left coach Chan Gailey calling his defense's performance ''dominating.''

No surprise, Williams - the Bills' newly signed $100-million defensive end - was in the thick of creating much of the havoc.

He and tackle Kyle Williams disrupted a running play so quickly that Fred Jackson barely got the handoff when Mario Williams stopped him in his tracks by grabbing him by the shoulder pad.

Jackson was so surprised that he went up to quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and joked: ''I think Mario could've taken the handoff before I did.''

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever