FWIW, teams with players over the age of 30

"New England has 13, Baltimore 10 and Pittsburgh nine.

Then again, the Green Bay Packers have just four, so there's no one way to build a Super Bowl contender."

http://www.kansascit...g-at-heart.html

Two of the 10 are the kickers, so not as big a deal as some other positions. Just four starters (three on defense--Barnett, McGee and Wilson and one on offense--Jackson)

Moorman 36

Lindell 35

McIntire 33

Kelsay 32

Barnett 31

Scott 31

McGee 31

Wilson 31

Edwards 31

Jackson 31

Only 3 guys are 30 (Pears, Morrison, Spencer Johnson). Other than Barnett, there seems to be quality backups in the wings should the older guys hit a wall.

Edited by Lurker

Two of the 10 are the kickers, so not as big a deal as some other positions. Just four starters (three on defense--Barnett, McGee and Wilson and one on offense--Jackson)

Moorman 36

Lindell 35

McIntire 33

Kelsay 32

Barnett 31

Scott 31

McGee 31

Wilson 31

Edwards 31

Jackson 31

Only 3 guys are 30 (Pears, Morrison, Spencer Johnson). Other than Barnett, there seems to be quality backups in the wings should these gys hit a wall.

Great breakdown, Lurker.

I was gonna do something like this so I'm glad you got it this time.

Eight of the players 30 or over that you cite are on the defensive side.

Two are special teams (Lindell, Moorman) and only 3 are on the offensive side… Freddy, McIntyre and Pears.

Based just on this, you might expect to see a bit more emphasis on defense next offseason. That said I think most are expecting the Bills to go QB and WR relatively high if the right player is there.

A lot of these players will make the roster most likely. But in a year, half of them could be gone and in 2 years, most will be gone with the young guns taking over.

1 - 36 - Brian Moorman *80% (No guarentee he makes roster anymore. Pushed by the younger, stronger leg in P Shawn Powell. Moorman is still, good but in decline.)

2 - 35 - Rian Lindell *98% (Will make roster. Bills have K John Potter waiting in the wings though.)

3 - 33 - Corey McIntyre *90% (Very good chances. Special team stud. Only legit blocking FB on team. But is being pushed hard by Dorin Dickerson.)

4 - 32 - Chris Kelsay *95% (Very good chances. Price tag is reasonable but slightly high. Kelsay is a good all around player that should stick.)

5 - 31 - Dwan Edwards *85% (Most likely will make roster. He's currently 3rd best DT. But his price tag could make him expendable. Especially with the DT talent.)

6 - 31 - Terrence McGee *99% (Will make roster barring injury. The vet is the best CB when Healthy. But age is catching up and that won't be the case soon.)

7 - 31 - George Wilson *100% (Stalwart in secondary along with Byrd for the foreseeable future.)

8 - 31 - Nick Barnett *100% (See Wilson, But for linebackers.)

9 - 31 - Fred Jackson *100% (Same as above but for RB's.)

10 - 31 Bryan Scott *92% (Most likely makes roster due to versatility in the defense and SP. Teams. Will see most time at WLB but can slide to Safety.)

30 and 29:

1 - 30 - Erik Pears *100%

2 - 30 - Kirk Morrsion *100%

3 - 30 - Spencer Johnson *80%

4 - 29 - Mark Anderson *100%

5 - 29 - Ryan Fitzpatrick *100%

6 - 29 - Kyle Williams *100%

7 - 29 - Vince Young *90%

8 - 29 - Ruvell Martin *25%

*Chances of making roster. (IMO)

Well Lurker beat me to the punch while I was making it ha. Oh well, now you have two.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Yeah, they need more young LBs (Barnett, Morrison and Scott are getting long in the tooth) and D-line depth (Kelsay, Edwards, Johnson). The secondary seems to be in better shape depthwise (McGee, Wilson).

The Pats have 5 starters on offense over 30 (Waters, Brady, Koppen, Welker and Lloyd) so their window looks like it'll be getting smaller and smaller...

A lot of these players will make the roster most likely. But in a year, half of them could be gone and in 2 years, most will be gone with the young guns taking over.

1 - 36 - Brian Moorman *80% (No guarentee he makes roster anymore. Pushed by the younger, stronger leg in P Shawn Powell. Moorman is still, good but in decline.)

2 - 35 - Rian Lindell *98% (Will make roster. Bills have K John Potter waiting in the wings though.)

3 - 33 - Corey McIntyre *90% (Very good chances. Special team stud. Only legit blocking FB on team. But is being pushed hard by Dorin Dickerson.)

4 - 32 - Chris Kelsay *95% (Very good chances. Price tag is reasonable but slightly high. Kelsay is a good all around player that should stick.)

5 - 31 - Dwan Edwards *85% (Most likely will make roster. He's currently 3rd best DT. But his price tag could make him expendable. Especially with the DT talent.)

6 - 31 - Terrence McGee *99% (Will make roster barring injury. The vet is the best CB when Healthy. But age is catching up and that won't be the case soon.)

7 - 31 - George Wilson *100% (Stalwart in secondary along with Byrd for the foreseeable future.)

8 - 31 - Nick Barnett *100% (See Wilson, But for linebackers.)

9 - 31 - Fred Jackson *100% (Same as about for RB's.)

10 - 31 Bryan Scott *92% (Most likely makes roster due to versatility in the defense and SP. Teams. Will see most time at WLB but can slide to Safety.)

30 and 29:

1 - 30 - Erik Pears *100%

2 - 30 - Kirk Morrsion *100%

3 - 30 - Spencer Johnson *80%

4 - 29 - Mark Anderson *100%

5 - 29 - Ryan Fitzpatrick *100%

6 - 29 - Kyle Williams *100%

7 - 29 - Vince Young *90%

8 - 29 - Ruvell Martin *25%

*Chances of making roster. (IMO)

Well Lurker beat me to the punch while I was making it ha. Oh well, now you have two.

No. A different perspective than Lurker's and a real good job.

I think Bryan Scott is closer to 100% as he is the #1 cover linebacker in nickel and no one else seems to play that position. I think Moorman is maybe less than 80%. Most of your percentages are very close, IMO.

Yeah, they need more young LBs (Barnett, Morrison and Scott are getting long in the tooth) and D-line depth (Kelsay, Edwards, Johnson). The secondary seems to be in better shape depthwise (McGee, Wilson).

The Pats have 5 starters on offense over 30 (Waters, Brady, Koppen, Welker and Lloyd) so their window looks like it'll be getting smaller and smaller...

And they just retired Matt Light.

I could see Jarron Gilbert sneaking onto this roster if he has a strong preseason.

I basically agree with you guys that if McGee can stay healthy, he'll make the team… and that's a big if IMO.

Great breakdown, Lurker.

I was gonna do something like this so I'm glad you got it this time.

Two are special teams (Lindell, Moorman) and only 3 are on the offensive side… Freddy, McIntyre and Pears.

Based just on this, you might expect to see a bit more emphasis on defense next offseason. That said I think most are expecting the Bills to go QB and WR relatively high if the right player is there.

I think the Bills would not be able to refuse a good QB prospect if one were available with their first pick, but if Fitz plays good this year, I suspect their first pick next year will be a DE, if a very good one is available. We just don't have young DE's being groomed. And, it is a position typically hard to find in the later rounds.

We're set at youth on the O-line, Secondary, Linebackers (mostly, although a pro-bowl potential type would be hard to pass up), and WR corps. Our DT's are young and talented. Spiller is young, if they consider him an every down RB, or at least a number 1. I'd guess they go DE or QB with their first pick next year, then.

I think the Bills would not be able to refuse a good QB prospect if one were available with their first pick, but if Fitz plays good this year, I suspect their first pick next year will be a DE, if a very good one is available. We just don't have young DE's being groomed. And, it is a position typically hard to find in the later rounds.

We're set at youth on the O-line, Secondary, Linebackers (mostly, although a pro-bowl potential type would be hard to pass up), and WR corps. Our DT's are young and talented. Spiller is young, if they consider him an every down RB, or at least a number 1. I'd guess they go DE or QB with their first pick next year, then.

It's really too early to tell but right now I'd say wide receiver over defensive end. Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, and Shawne Merriman should all have some good years left in them.

Yes most of the Bills wideouts are pretty young but at this point only Stevie is proven. Thus my belief that regardless of age, the Bills could go high at that position next year.

There are so many unforeseeable scenarios though.

Moorman 36

Lindell 35

McIntire 33

Kelsay 32

Barnett 31

Scott 31

McGee 31

Wilson 31

Edwards 31

Jackson 31

Only 3 guys are 30 (Pears, Morrison, Spencer Johnson). Other than Barnett, there seems to be quality backups in the wings should the older guys hit a wall.

Also the Bills have 10 players over the age of 30 but 2 are the kicker and punter that really puts the team at 8 players and Kelsay, Edwards, and Scott are backups. So that's only 5 starters of consequence over the age of 30 in McIntire, Barnett, Wilson, Jackson, and possibly McGee.

That's a nice blend of experience to go with a young roster.

young at 90%? i dont think so. more like 50%

martin more like 2%

Yes Young at 90%. I think that Thigpen doesn't have a shot. I think young is a 90 percent lock unless something goes wrong. And I'm giving Ruvell Martin 25% just to give him a little credit lol. You're probalby right though.

No. A different perspective than Lurker's and a real good job.

I think Bryan Scott is closer to 100% as he is the #1 cover linebacker in nickel and no one else seems to play that position. I think Moorman is maybe less than 80%. Most of your percentages are very close, IMO.

And they just retired Matt Light.

I could see Jarron Gilbert sneaking onto this roster if he has a strong preseason.

I basically agree with you guys that if McGee can stay healthy, he'll make the team… and that's a big if IMO.

Bryan Scott I don't think is a lock to make the team. I think it's quite possible Nigel Bradham and Tank Carder take his spot on the roster and makes room for Gailey to keep someone else on the roster.

Bryan Scott I don't think is a lock to make the team. I think it's quite possible Nigel Bradham and Tank Carder take his spot on the roster and makes room for Gailey to keep someone else on the roster.

Because, you know, they just gave the guy a pretty nice extension, and he was in on only a few plays last year as the #3 Safety. get out of here with that...Scott will be on this team.

Because, you know, they just gave the guy a pretty nice extension, and he was in on only a few plays last year as the #3 Safety. get out of here with that...Scott will be on this team.

Nobody is a lock to make the team. I know what Scott has done. Get outta here with thinking it's a guarantee for him.

young at 90%? i dont think so. more like 50%

martin more like 2%

I honestly think this is more true than most people think. Training camp will tell the tale, but if he doesn't grasp the offense(Vince Young), then there is little chance he makes the team. I wouldn't be sad if he doesn't.