another hollywood liberal opens his mouth

Liberals are the absolute best at telling other people how to live their lives and are never at a loss, nor slow to point out how absolutely unfair life is solely because someone else vacuumed up all the money.

Abortion? Access to birth control? Religious freedom? I dont know, seems the right wingers do their fair share of telling people how to live their lives.

Abortion? Access to birth control? Religious freedom? I dont know, seems the right wingers do their fair share of telling people how to live their lives.

What right wingers are trying to ban your access to birth control or curb your religious freedom?

Edit: I dig the F. Bud Dwyer avatar.

Edited by Rob's House

Edit: I dig the F. Bud Dwyer avatar.

I remember that happening when I was a kid. We would mimick it by taking our Nintendo Light Guns and doing a "No Bud No!" and putting the Light Gun in our mouths and pretending to blow our heads off

Then somebody got ahold of the raw unedited tape and we stopped doing that. That sh-t freaked us out at our age

Sure, right wingers are forcing people to go against their religious beliefs regarding abortion and birth control. See what this Democrat organization has to say:

http://democratsforlife.org/

Washington, DC - June 20, 2012- Democrats For Life of America (DFLA) submitted comments to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) regarding its recent contraception rule, and urged the Department to further clarify protections for the conscience rights of individuals and organizations who object to contraception and potentially abortifacient drugs.

"The passage of the ACA was successful due to the support of DFLA and pro-life Democrats who supported passage of the bill after the President assured, through the Executive Order, that conscience rights would be protected and no funding would be used for abortion," said Kristen Day, Executive Director of Democrats For Life. "The HHS needs to respect the promise made by the President."

Late last year, the Obama Administration issued a narrowly-worded rule mandating that health insurance plans provide free contraception to the insured. There was legitimate concern about the mandate including drugs that cause abortion. After pressure from pro-life Democrats, the Administration agreed to seek further protections for those who oppose abortion, but new accommodations have not gone far enough to protect conscience rights. Recently, the Catholic Hospital Association (CHA), who like DFLA supported the ACA, also issued comments opposing the narrow definition.

"The religious organizations that are at the center of the contraception debate are in many cases the very same organizations who are helping the sick, the needy, and the poor," said Day. "We recognize the Administration's goal to provide free contraception, but it could be done without compromising the rights of religious-based organizations who oppose abortion. The clearest and best path is to apply one of the many current and tested statutes that provides conscience protection to those organizations whose charitable or educational activities are deeply religiously motivated."

In addition to further accommodations, DFLA offered that if the Administration wants to provide free contraception to women, they should pursue options that do not infringe on the religious liberty of organizations and individuals.

I'll throw this in the "hollywood" thread;

Winning: Sheen Gives $1 Million-Plus to Troops

Charlie Sheen's latest headline-grabbing movie may be pure publicity stunt, but the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces likely won't mind a bit.

Sheen, the troubled sitcom star now appearing on "Anger Management," is steering some of his new salary to the USO, according to TMZ.

Sheen has pledged to give at least $1 million to the U.S.O (United Service Org.) ... the largest single contribution the USO has ever received from an individual.

Sheen says he will donate 1% of the profits from his "Anger Management" earnings ... with a minimum of $1 mil ... and an unlimited cap. So the more $ he makes from his show, the more $ goes to the USO....

Sheen also released a statement saying, "It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us."

Big Hollywood

I remember that happening when I was a kid. We would mimick it by taking our Nintendo Light Guns and doing a "No Bud No!" and putting the Light Gun in our mouths and pretending to blow our heads off

Then somebody got ahold of the raw unedited tape and we stopped doing that. That sh-t freaked us out at our age

I never heard the back-story but somehow stumbled across it (the unedited version) in my early 20s and even then it was a bit disturbing. I didn't realize until years later that's what that Filter song was about.

Sure, right wingers are forcing people to go against their religious beliefs regarding abortion and birth control. See what this Democrat organization has to say:

http://democratsforlife.org/

Washington, DC - June 20, 2012- Democrats For Life of America (DFLA) submitted comments to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) regarding its recent contraception rule, and urged the Department to further clarify protections for the conscience rights of individuals and organizations who object to contraception and potentially abortifacient drugs.

"The passage of the ACA was successful due to the support of DFLA and pro-life Democrats who supported passage of the bill after the President assured, through the Executive Order, that conscience rights would be protected and no funding would be used for abortion," said Kristen Day, Executive Director of Democrats For Life. "The HHS needs to respect the promise made by the President."

Late last year, the Obama Administration issued a narrowly-worded rule mandating that health insurance plans provide free contraception to the insured. There was legitimate concern about the mandate including drugs that cause abortion. After pressure from pro-life Democrats, the Administration agreed to seek further protections for those who oppose abortion, but new accommodations have not gone far enough to protect conscience rights. Recently, the Catholic Hospital Association (CHA), who like DFLA supported the ACA, also issued comments opposing the narrow definition.

"The religious organizations that are at the center of the contraception debate are in many cases the very same organizations who are helping the sick, the needy, and the poor," said Day. "We recognize the Administration's goal to provide free contraception, but it could be done without compromising the rights of religious-based organizations who oppose abortion. The clearest and best path is to apply one of the many current and tested statutes that provides conscience protection to those organizations whose charitable or educational activities are deeply religiously motivated."

In addition to further accommodations, DFLA offered that if the Administration wants to provide free contraception to women, they should pursue options that do not infringe on the religious liberty of organizations and individuals.

Democrat /= Left. Republican /= Right.

Democrat /= Left. Republican /= Right.

Gotcha. This was a democratic organization doing exactly what he was accusing the right of doing which was exactly the opposite of what was the actual truth. Face it, the only person trying to force their beliefs on anyone was Obama.

Gotcha. This was a democratic organization doing exactly what he was accusing the right of doing which was exactly the opposite of what was the actual truth. Face it, the only person trying to force their beliefs on anyone was Obama.

:lol: :lol: