Unusually negative Tim Graham on PFT

i was surprised that graham suggested the team could win 7 games and still be thrilled by their progress. the notion that they might not surpass the jauron threshold makes me physically ill.

Woaoa, if that was in there, yes, concur, it's negative. Winning one more game than 2011 would NOT be progress.

I found it to be a rather balanced assessment. Excitement level is building but fans have no reason to be giddy. Fitzpatrick may be technically improved in certain situations but it might not amount to more than a "handful" fewer picks. Depth is much improved from the days when Moorman was their best player which is most notable on the defensive line.

Thinks that realistically, Steelers or Ravens will be a wildcard which leaves them fighting with the Bengals, Jets, and/or an NFC west contender for the last spot. Thinks they are an 8 or 9 win team but 9 wins doesn't guarantee playoff spot.

I'd say if they are a 9 win team, the schedule gives them a legit shot at 10 or 11 wins. Couldn't ask for two better divisions to play than the NFC west and AFC South (Central?) as they are both likely to provide only one team to the playoffs. The Texans and 49ers could run away with their divisions.