Maybin

It's an insult to McKelvin to compare his football instincts to Maybin. McKelvin may have some issues with picking up the ball downfield, but he has been a far more productive player and will be playing in the league long after Maybin has endured his last pancake at the hands of a RB.

As far as instincts are concerned I think McK is pretty bad. He has gotten by more on his sthletic abilities than the intangibles any good CB needs. I concede he has done more than Maybin but that is not due to instincts. Four years in this league and we are still waiting for him to justify his high draft status

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Green Bay backers were 1-10-1 in 1958 the year before Vince Lombardi took over. That team had 13 players that were all pro, pro bowl or hall of famers at some point in their careers but could only win 1 game. When Lombardi took over he took essentially the same core group and won 5 championships. Coaching matters.

JMO, of course.

I'm sure Lombardi also did some substantial housecleaning when he took over that team.

When Levy stepped aside, Brandon did assume some of the football duties and this was the time Maybin was drafted. He, Modrak, and Jauron were all at the combine and all played a role in that awful pick. I listened to each of them gush profusely about Maybin in their euphoria after the draft.

"… they all ran after the farmer's wife… "