Inventor of Electric Football Dies

BRAWNDO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since that game sucked so bad we started using the players for BB gun practice.

:D

Yeah... Such was the way to get creative with that game... I never understood how anybody had the patience for it... Come summer time (Christmas gift), it was already be used with firecrackers and Matchbox cars!

Since that game sucked so bad we started using the players for BB gun practice.

:D

I wish I had had that idea.

The game DID suck so bad. There has got to be a marketing study out there about how such a horrible game could sell 40 million units. We all had it! And, we all found out is was horrible and frustrating!

I wish I had had that idea.

The game DID suck so bad. There has got to be a marketing study out there about how such a horrible game could sell 40 million units. We all had it! And, we all found out is was horrible and frustrating!

LOL!

Our parents must have been real lemmings for buying these things... I don't even remember asking for it... Yet, somehow got it... Must have been some wicked store ads! Quite a desert of quality games out there!

Anway... Wasn't a complete pass good if you could just hit the receiver or get it close?

Kicking FGs weren't bad and probably the funnest thing... Attemping 100 yard FGs was a must!

I think I had more fun in school lunch playing triangle football... Always a blast trying to nail your friend in the face with the paper football!

Just pulled out my old EFL board and many things dawned on me that didn't when I actually used it: there was 30 teams in the NFL (I got the Texans but I can't figure out what the other one is), Monday Night Football used to be on ABC, and the Seahawks used to be in the AFC.

Ah, the good times when I had no idea what was going on in the NFL, therefore never getting mad at anything.

Just pulled out my old EFL board and many things dawned on me that didn't when I actually used it: there was 30 teams in the NFL (I got the Texans but I can't figure out what the other one is), Monday Night Football used to be on ABC, and the Seahawks used to be in the AFC.

Ah, the good times when I had no idea what was going on in the NFL, therefore never getting mad at anything.

How about the Browns. The Ravens were the old Browns... Then CLEV got their Browns back.

Let me guess... You were born on or after 1998? :P Ahhh... Too be young again! Cleveland didn't have a team between 1995 and 1999.;)

Ah, you got me, 1998. My parents' friends that live up in Buffalo always say that I was the downfall of the Bills. I guess something was happening that made people sense that it really was over.

And so you're telling me that Jim Brown's Browns are really the current Ravens and that the current Browns are only 12 years old? :huh:

Ah, you got me, 1998. My parents' friends that live up in Buffalo always say that I was the downfall of the Bills. I guess something was happening that made people sense that it really was over.

And so you're telling me that Jim Brown's Browns are really the current Ravens and that the current Browns are only 12 years old? :huh:

You are making me feel old! My son was born in 1998... I never thought this day would come!

Yes... The Art Modell Brown's are the Ravens... BUT CLEV sued to keep all their records and name... Raven's started fresh with the old Browns team.

The current Brown's are still the old I guess... Just different owner and a 4 year hiatus (1995-1999).

Oh... That is okay... I didn't see the Bills beat the Dolfelons till I was about 12 years old. My daughter who was born in 2003... Finally got her second win against the Pats* last year!

Learn some history of the sport you love.