20 weeks from now...are we going to look back...

I love the optimism of the OP's thread. I think he will be correct. But people put these disclaimers because in football so much is unknown. Who would have though that both AJ Green and Dalton would be stars last year. Who would have guessed the Colts would be SO BAD without Manning. Or that Green Bay could continue to win w/o Rogers for a few games.

What has most fans scared is the Eagles last offseason. They brought everyone in, and had an EPIC FAIL.

On the flip side, Fitz could end up leading the NFL in passing, FJAX and Spiller both have 1K yard + years, and the Defense finishes in the top 5.

So, crazy stuff could happen good or bad for this team. I'm hoping for the better, as the beginning "on paper" looks good.

After the Sabres fiasco last year when we were at the bottom in January and I looked back at my predictions, I suddenly realized that I was an idiot. I do not want to make the same mistake twice. But if I do, whatever lingering doubts I have that I am an idiot will end and I would be able to say, without question, that I really am an idiot.

:lol:

After the Sabres fiasco last year when we were at the bottom in January and I looked back at my predictions, I suddenly realized that I was an idiot. I do not want to make the same mistake twice. But if I do, whatever lingering doubts I have that I am an idiot will end and I would be able to say, without question, that I really am an idiot.

Will there be a celebration?

:)

No, this is not a negative thread. Actually the diametric opposite.

Let me explain. In every thread since the draft we find the obligatory "it's only on paper", "we have good parts, let's see if they work together", "I don't want to get too excited", "slow your roll", disclaimer posts, or defense mechanism posts, whatever. I'm talking EVERY SINGLE THREAD. It's as if there is some regulation somewhere, that requires these disclaimers, and some regulator, watching every thread to ensure they are present. Kinda like the small print on commercial that ends with "Not available in NY and CA".

Therefore, in order to comply with this regulation :lol: posters seem compelled to insert these disclaimers: "Not valid until at least 8 weeks into the season". :lol:

But, if we look, and I mean really look, at the team, the schedule, the way we played last year, who and how much was added vs lost, right now...are we being idiotsTM with these disclaimers? Or, rather, are we going to be saying "Why didn't we see 3-1, and then 6-2, and now 10-2 coming from a mile away? If another team had done what we'd did this off-season, we'd have picked them to win the SB, not just compete for the 6th seed."

Are we so shell shocked/numbed due to the last 10 years(the last time we were GAed to have a shot at the wildcard in preseason) of awfulness, that we can't be objective about it?

Understand, I'm not accusing anybody of anything, nor am I saying posters aren't justified in feeling any way th

ey want. I think they've earned that.

I just wonder, are we all, including me, being idiotsTM about this? 20 weeks from now will we be asking ourselves, WTF were we thinking?

Yes, yes you are.

You guys are unbelievable. We have as good a shot as anybody at the superbowl. An unbelievable roster on defense and a deep talented offense entering year three with many upgrades, but most importanly......the guys already there, too many to mention, are ready to pull it all together and function as a tough, scrappy offense that will be very efficient and will take advantage of superb field position. Everyone from last year's offense is going up a notch....it is clear.