"The President's Agility On Gay Marriage And Immigration

Canned response. Rubio says the same thing.

I read this weekend that she was at the Romney "VP prospects get-together" and gave a speech that brought the whole place to its feet. She's being vetted, and I suspect she'd take it if offered.

This is probably that article. For everyones benefit:

http://news.yahoo.com/cash-rules-romney-retreat-while-condoleezza-rice-steals-044000279--abc-news-politics.html

Canned response. Rubio says the same thing.

I read this weekend that she was at the Romney "VP prospects get-together" and gave a speech that brought the whole place to its feet. She's being vetted, and I suspect she'd take it if offered.

Not everyone is a fan.

Many comments are also instructive.

Not everyone is a fan.

Many comments are also instructive.

Nice article. Thanks. His conclusion is really the meat, from my perspective: "Still it must be said: If the presumptive Republican nominee is going to choose his running mate with an eye toward governing the country and not just winning the election, he can do better than Ms. Rice. Choosing her would simply be evidence that he doesn't have much faith in his own November chances."

For better or worse, my preference for Rice as a running mate is from a strategic standpoint more than anything else. You can't govern if you don't win, and Rice would put the Obama campaign into a flop sweat. But the more honest argument is that if you strictly focus on winning the opportunity to govern instead of also having the right approach to governing, you end up with...well...a president like Obama. We really can't afford that.

Nice article. Thanks. His conclusion is really the meat, from my perspective: "Still it must be said: If the presumptive Republican nominee is going to choose his running mate with an eye toward governing the country and not just winning the election, he can do better than Ms. Rice. Choosing her would simply be evidence that he doesn't have much faith in his own November chances."

For better or worse, my preference for Rice as a running mate is from a strategic standpoint more than anything else. You can't govern if you don't win, and Rice would put the Obama campaign into a flop sweat. But the more honest argument is that if you strictly focus on winning the opportunity to govern instead of also having the right approach to governing, you end up with...well...a president like Obama. We really can't afford that.

I read this, this morning.

She say's "No Way"

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/06/26/condi-rice-there-is-no-way-i-will-be-romneys-running-mate/

I just like Condi. She's got brains on her brains. But she's not ready for that kind of politics. Get Mitt elected and reappoint her SoS.

Perfect--her denial is spot on. VP campaigning is not for her, although I'd love to see her and Biden debate.

Edited by John Adams