for all you conspiracy theorists

section122

Exactly. Everyone thinks there is a conspiracy here or there, but these conspiracies would involve MANY people. Someone would have talked. Also, if there were to be a conspiracy, why did Arizona beat the Yankees in the World Series after 9-11? Why is OKC in the NBA finals instead of a larger market team. Wouldn't the NBA love to see Tim Duncan win then retire? I could go on and on. The most likely reason for something occurring more often than not is the actual reason for its occurrance. Occams Razor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor#God_as_beside_the_razor

Exactly. If your looking for a Conspiracy theory, you can always find one. Anything can be twisted into a conspiracy of some sort. A conspiracy would need a small group of people to pull off, not a league wide conspiracy involving a large number of people.

Not trying to be rude but I'm not following your response. The first one says that it would take many people and would be impossible to pull off, then you turn around and say a small group of people could pull it off without it being a league wide conspiracy. Oh nevermind I think I just figured it out :lol:. So I guess my question becomes does it matter who is doing it if it is happening? If it isn't the league themselves but say the mafia or some other group? I think it would be worse if it was a league conspiracy but either option sucks.

Heard this one yesterday...Stern wants long series..Love him or hate him LeBron is ratings gold. So to make sure heat get win, bring in Crawford to ref game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14698/dan-crawford-the-heat-and-the-1-9-percent

BTW, ton of wise guy money on heat sat night

wow that is a statistical anomaly for sure. Another interesting read thanks for posting the link :thumbsup: . I always wondered how refs were unbiased in their position. It would seem to me someone would get involved with reffing/umpiring because they had a love for the game but couldn't play it. A love of the game would lead me to believe that at some point in time they had a favorite team which would be hard to be unbiased towards. Imagine if any one of us became an NFL referee, wouldn't it be difficult to impossible to not favor the Bills if you worked the game?

I met a girl in high school who's father was a major league umpire. On her birthday he got Jeter to meet with her and give her some autographs, pics, etc. Shortly thereafter he was involved in a controversial call which benefited the Yankees. The umps name was Ken Kaiser and when I heard his name on sportscenter all I could think about was his daughter telling me about how awesome Jeter was and how happy her dad was that he had made time for her. Here is the link for the game:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-07-05/sports/1998186116_1_orioles-umpires-yankees

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this one yesterday...Stern wants long series..Love him or hate him LeBron is ratings gold. So to make sure heat get win, bring in Crawford to ref game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14698/dan-crawford-the-heat-and-the-1-9-percent

BTW, ton of wise guy money on heat sat night

Of course, that's pretty incompetent fixing if it happened. OKC could easily have won the game on the final possession.

Of course, that's pretty incompetent fixing if it happened. OKC could easily have won the game on the final possession.

sure but how many stars don't get that call when Durant was clearly fouled by LeBron at the end? The Heat definitely out played the Thunder for a majority of the game and deserved to win don't get me wrong but I was shocked they didn't give Durant the star treatment there (esp since he actually WAS fouled).

On a non conspiracy note LeBron got away with one of the worst travels I have ever seen in the NBA in the first quarter taking by my count 4 full steps before passing the ball!