Idiot Pittsburgh writer

billsburgh

this columnist predicts the games each weak and this week he says it's likely to happen that the Bills will win and either the jets or broncos will lose but then later picks both the jest and broncos to win their games.  Does he even think about what he's writing?

idiot picks

186161[/snapback]

Actually, he is not an idiot at all. He picks the Jets and Denver to win in close games. So his prediction is--say--that the chances of the Jets and Denver each winning is 60%. That being the case, multiplying those probabilites together, he believes it is 36% likely that BOTH the Jets and Broncos will win, or that there is a 64% chance the Bills will get the help they need.

Myself, I think the Jets have about a 60% chance of winning, and the Broncos 70%. That means there is a 42% chance that both will win, or a 58% chance to get the help they need...CD

Actually, he is not an idiot at all.  He picks the Jets and Denver to win in close games.  So his prediction is--say--that the chances of the Jets and Denver each winning is 60%.  That being the case, multiplying those probabilites together, he believes it is 36% likely that BOTH the Jets and Broncos will win, or that there is a 64% chance the Bills will get the help they need.

Myself, I think the Jets have about a 60% chance of winning, and the Broncos 70%.  That means there is a 42% chance that both will win, or a 58% chance to get the help they need...CD

186206[/snapback]

SAY WHAT?????? :ph34r::P

SAY WHAT??????  :ph34r:  :P

186207[/snapback]

Let's not get carried away....the Jets and Broncos both have VERY good chances of winning. I think the Bills' best chance is for the Rams to win, since I really don't think Indy will come out with guns blazing (just like Pittsburgh).

Actually, he is not an idiot at all.  He picks the Jets and Denver to win in close games.  So his prediction is--say--that the chances of the Jets and Denver each winning is 60%.  That being the case, multiplying those probabilites together, he believes it is 36% likely that BOTH the Jets and Broncos will win, or that there is a 64% chance the Bills will get the help they need.

Myself, I think the Jets have about a 60% chance of winning, and the Broncos 70%.  That means there is a 42% chance that both will win, or a 58% chance to get the help they need...CD

186206[/snapback]

Somehow I feel the general concept. Seeing the numbers displayed is encouraging. I skipped almost every statistics and probability class I registered for. Thanks. :ph34r:

186206[/snapback]

Bingo.

Nice work. I also agree with your percentages on the jets & broncs. I think it is a shame because IMO Denver stinks out loud, but they will be playing an NFL Europe type team. Go Claymores Go.

186206[/snapback]

Damn you! How can fans go on a crusade when you use this mysterious phenomena called Logic!

:(