Scorecard for Pacman v. Bradley fight

dayman

No need to give the story for this one. Needless to say the HBO replay will get ratings...watch with this on your computer. Wow

http://distilleryimage9.instagram.com/914b4ce8b2bc11e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

Off the top of my head,it was the worst decision I have seen in a major fight since Leonard-Hearns 2. I had Bradley winning only 4 rounds max. I will have to rewatch this one,maybe I'll see something different the second time around. Right now it sure seems like a fix to set up a rematch.

Didn't see it but beforehand I didn't see any way bradley could win. Didn't have the power KO him and given all the punches Manny throws couldn't out score him either. From the post fight commentary sure sounds like something odd happened. Some are speculating arum because he manages both fighters and benefits 2x from the guaranteed rematch clause if Manny lost.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1215814-manny-pacquiao-lost-bob-arum-to-blame-for-pac-mans-defeat

Didn't see it but beforehand I didn't see any way bradley could win. Didn't have the power KO him and given all the punches Manny throws couldn't out score him either. From the post fight commentary sure sounds like something odd happened. Some are speculating arum because he manages both fighters and benefits 2x from the guaranteed rematch clause if Manny lost.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1215814-manny-pacquiao-lost-bob-arum-to-blame-for-pac-mans-defeat

I am not a boxing fan..but ESPN the Magazine had a very good article about Mayweather and how he manages himself now...went from making $8M a fight to $35M a fight...promoters are truly scum of the earth.

The "business" of boxing has totally ruined the sport...there's no way in hell I will support this nonsense financially by purchasing a PPV.

not sure the accuracy, but i hear if not for the loss manny would be done with his contract with arum, now he has the rematch to satisfy it? i dont follow boxing at all, but if true that would be quite the reason for him to nudge things towards an outcome.

The "business" of boxing has totally ruined the sport...there's no way in hell I will support this nonsense financially by purchasing a PPV.

I think boxing has always went after the short buck but it' got worse over the last 20 years or so. No one with a grand view planning for the good and the future of the sport. Used to be, back in the 80s, good, competitive fights on network tv every weekend. Either NBC, CBS or sometimes ABC. I remember Ray Mancini kind of fighting his career on CBS. Hell, even Larry Holmes fought the odd time on one of the networks when he was the champ. I think because of the exposure, the networks they were able to build a good fan base so they then could sell the crap out of their closed circuit and ppv events. Now any match that is remotely competitive or desirable is automatically $60.

I think boxing has always went after the short buck but it' got worse over the last 20 years or so. No one with a grand view planning for the good and the future of the sport. Used to be, back in the 80s, good, competitive fights on network tv every weekend. Either NBC, CBS or sometimes ABC. I remember Ray Mancini kind of fighting his career on CBS. Hell, even Larry Holmes fought the odd time on one of the networks when he was the champ. I think because of the exposure, the networks they were able to build a good fan base so they then could sell the crap out of their closed circuit and ppv events. Now any match that is remotely competitive or desirable is automatically $60.

The first fight I ever remember watching was Marvin Hagler v. Tommy Hearns. I recored that and must have watched it like four or five times on replay. The 80s was when I was watching, too...and I totally agree about how good it was back then. I even kept watching through the advent of Tyson, through the Buster Douglas loss, into the Foreman/Moorer/Holyfield/Lewis/Riddick years...the Tyson comeback against McNeely...and then after that, I totally lost interest. I discovered MMA and was hooked, and at that point I pretty much felt like boxing couldn't compete with MMA in terms of holding my interest. It's a shame because even though I consider MMA the ultimate form of fighting competition, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the sweet science. Just too bad that money corrupted the sport, cause I would probably still watch.

Boxing has always been ruled by the "business".

Wasn't the Mancini - Kim fight on regular Saturday afternoon TV? I seem to recall watching that one live.