ILB POSITION

Shep came in at 275#? I find that hard to believe. I know Dareus came in about 350 since they told him he'd be playing NT, but that's a lot of weight for a LB'er.

This is NOT the link I was referring to but it pretty much corroborates what I said:

On what he has seen from LB

Kelvin Sheppardicon-article-link.gif at the middle linebacker position:

I think physically he’s a 4-3 middle linebacker. He’s not a 4-5 guy that’s going to play on the edge but he is a backer that can play inside from tight end to tight end. He’s athletic enough to cover tight ends and backs. Last year you’ve got to go back and we didn’t have OTAs. We didn’t have any of the camps and then he shows up at training camp and he’s about 20 pounds overweight and he pulls his hamstring the first day or two. He had no pre-season games then he started playing halfway through the season. You talk about players and how quick and how much you expect them to develop. He’s one that I really expect to benefit from the offseason program, the mini-camps and training camp. This is a defensive scheme where our middle linebacker should make a lot of tackles and you’ve got to have a guy that’s near capable of it and he is.

On Sheppard coming in this season lighter:

He is. He showed up in great shape and his attitude’s good. I think he’s excited about the scheme.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-Dave-Wannstedt-and-Mark-Anderson/a1ba9712-9bf4-4054-9828-a5987d528da3

FYI, Sheppard is listed at 248 pounds…

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is NOT the link I was referring to but it pretty much corroborates what I said:

On what he has seen from LB

Kelvin Sheppardicon-article-link.gif at the middle linebacker position:

I think physically he’s a 4-3 middle linebacker. He’s not a 4-5 guy that’s going to play on the edge but he is a backer that can play inside from tight end to tight end. He’s athletic enough to cover tight ends and backs. Last year you’ve got to go back and we didn’t have OTAs. We didn’t have any of the camps and then he shows up at training camp and he’s about 20 pounds overweight and he pulls his hamstring the first day or two. He had no pre-season games then he started playing halfway through the season. You talk about players and how quick and how much you expect them to develop. He’s one that I really expect to benefit from the offseason program, the mini-camps and training camp. This is a defensive scheme where our middle linebacker should make a lot of tackles and you’ve got to have a guy that’s near capable of it and he is.

On Sheppard coming in this season lighter:

He is. He showed up in great shape and his attitude’s good. I think he’s excited about the scheme.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-Dave-Wannstedt-and-Mark-Anderson/a1ba9712-9bf4-4054-9828-a5987d528da3

FYI, Sheppard is listed at 248 pounds…

Good find. 268-270# is pretty big. Coming into camp in shape will help a lot.

Been following this thread from the start. This is a great one with some great posts, thank you guys for them. I hope more people read this because LB is so misunderstood here! My biggest pet peeve!