Ok, so now we REALLY like Pat Kirwan

eball

+1... love them.

+2 I could listen to them all day long. They know their stuff. Pat makes a good point about increased depth and eludes to special team improvement with the rookies. I'm going to enjoy watching the D and special teams this year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I love the pre-season accolades it worries me that people's expectations are going to be sky high. And when we don't get 20 sacks and 70 points a game, or god forbid lose a game, people are going to lose it.

PTR

Am I the only one who thinks a week 1 loss against the Jets will help bring players and fans back to earth?

We have to be a 2nd half of the season team. Fast starts are nice but strong finishes are better.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Am I the only one who thinks a week 1 loss against the Jets will help bring players and fans back to earth?

We have to be a 2nd half of the season team. Fast starts are nice but strong finishes are better.

And why, pray tell, does anyone need to be brought "back to earth?"

How about this scenario: the Bills are actually pretty good, they start strong, AND they finish strong?

"Bills GM Buddy Nix is a smart and patient man. Nix and coach Chan Gailey hired Dave Wannstedt in 2011 while they were deep into a 3-4 defense. They didn't change to a 4-3 because Wannstedt -- a coach steeped in the 4-man front philosophy -- arrived at Orchard Park. They set their sights on 2012 for the transition and set a 12-month course to get the right players to foster the change.

Compare the starting 3-4 lineup for opening day 2011 and the projected 2012 lineup and you realize the Bills have done in one year what it took the Cowboys two years to accomplish: A masterful job of securing the right talent before the move."

Calling BS on this.

We were a 43 for the past decade and made an abysmal shift to a 34 and then after that horrible failure they realized they still had most of the 43 pieces still in place and just went balls out to get some ends and draft two good 43 LBs and presto were 43 again. We already had the DTs and most of our LBs were 43 anyway (besides moats and Batten) so "switching" back was no big stretch

The biggest failure we had in the 34 was not going aggressive after Vince Wilfork like we did For Marrio and Failure to draft 34 OLBs high in the draft. I prefer a 34 but since we got the tools for a 43 I'm looking forward to see what we can do with this talent (Juron is pissed :devil: )