Hows drafting a 1st round QB looking NOW!!!

JP-era

Prove it.

By the way...was your point that Bledsoe sucks because he's a 1st round pick, or that he's great because he's a 1st round pick?

185486[/snapback]

BTW, as far as Drew goes, he NOW is in the category of a Garcia or Warner where without a great supporting cast he sucks! He may have been a stud when younger with no supporting cast but not anymore. Age changes the whole equation.

So, Drew say 5 or more years ago fit the 1st round great QB mold, now a Drew on the decline fits the Warner or Garcia mold where he MUST have stars around him or he sucks!

One more thing, our front office has basically admitted that he needs a great supporting cast to get us to the SB!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NYJ- Pennington- 1st round

Buff- Bledsoe- 1st round, Losman- 1st round

Pitt- Rothlisberger- 1st round

Ind- Manning- 1st round

Jax- Leftwich- 1st round

SD- Brees- 1st pick of 2nd round

Denv- Plummer 2nd round

Phil- McNabb- 1st round

GB- Favre - 2nd round

Minn- Culpepper- 1st round

Atl- Vick- 1st round

Car- Delhomme- undrafted

NO- Brooks- 4th round

Sea- Hasselbeck- 6th round

STL- Bulger- 6th round

NE- Brady- 6th round

185045[/snapback]

8 1st round QBs. 0 SB wins

So, Drew say 5 or more years ago fit the 1st round great QB mold, now a Drew on the decline fits the Warner or Garcia mold where he MUST have stars around him or he sucks! 

185512[/snapback]

Drew is both great, and sucks? So now you're saying that the round a QB's drafted in is irrelevent? :D

185512[/snapback]

What mold did he fit 2 and half years ago? Has it been an exponential or linear decline?

I think it's a second-order gauge-invariant Bessel function integrated over a renormalized relativistic Yang-Mills field.

185533[/snapback]

That's definitely a good guess, better than I could come up with. Ironically, Yang and Mills were first round mathematicians, not scrubby late round hacks who don't have quantum theories named after them.

i don't quite understand your post. are you prophecising lohsmans success? i mean you listed qbs that have played in the nfl and have had varying degrees of success. maybe if you clarify your post you might get some feedback.

Consider this:

NYJ- Pennington- 1st round

Buff- Bledsoe- 1st round, Losman- 1st round

Pitt- Rothlisberger- 1st round

Ind- Manning- 1st round

Jax- Leftwich- 1st round

SD- Brees- 1st pick of 2nd round

Denv- Plummer 2nd round

Phil- McNabb- 1st round

GB- Favre - 2nd round

Minn- Culpepper- 1st round

Atl- Vick- 1st round

Car- Delhomme- undrafted

NO- Brooks- 4th round

Sea- Hasselbeck- 6th round

STL- Bulger- 6th round

NE- Brady- 6th round

So, that crap about bringing in some undrafted or late round clown who can get you to the playoffs and win is starting to look like hogwash!

Theres a reason why I put NE at the bottom.

How did undrafted Garcia do when he went to Clev? How about undrafted Warner when he went to NYG? Undrafted QB's seem to REQUIRE a GREAT supporting cast! Bulger, and Hasselbeck would SUCK on a team without a great supporting cast.

BTW, NE is on the bottom because I KNOW Brady would suck BIGTIME for any other team!

God Bless TD and drafting JP!

185045[/snapback]

That's definitely a good guess, better than I could come up with.  Ironically, Yang and Mills were first round mathematicians, not scrubby late round hacks who don't have quantum theories named after them.

185551[/snapback]

But that's history...the mathematicians invent neat tricks, then the theoretical physicists find uses for them. Then the experimental physicists get research grants to bang sh-- together while the grad students teach their classes and learn the next bag of neat tricks the mathematicians have invented.

i don't quite understand your post.  are you prophecising lohsmans success?  i mean you listed qbs that have played in the nfl and have had varying degrees of success.  maybe if you clarify your post you  might get some feedback.

185570[/snapback]

Did you ever get that roast beef?

i don't quite understand your post.  are you prophecising lohsmans success?  i mean you listed qbs that have played in the nfl and have had varying degrees of success.  maybe if you clarify your post you  might get some feedback.

185570[/snapback]

Why spoil it with clarification? I think it's a Zen koan: it's meaningless and nonsensical on its face, but as you contemplate the deeper levels the veil of ambiguity is lifted and it gains a deeply personal and private definition, until you finally become one with the Ten Thousand Things.

Or maybe it's just a load of crap. Either way. I'm not sure...

BTW, as far as Drew goes, he NOW is in the category of a Garcia or Warner where without a great supporting cast he sucks! He may have been a stud when younger with no supporting cast but not anymore. Age changes the whole equation.

One more thing, our front office has basically admitted that he needs a great supporting cast to get us to the SB!

185512[/snapback]

You really don't have a clue about football do you? Have you ever played a team sport?

Tell me again about the quarterbacks who have taken their teams to a Super Bowl without a good supporting cast. Name one. When you do name one. Tell me about his team's running game,

special teams, turnover ratio and so on.

Losman will get his chance some day. In the interim, quit trying to hack up Bledsoe to satisfy your personal agenda.

Prove it.  I want to see your exponential least-squares fit to the data...

185510[/snapback]

Alright fine. Lets look at 1998 draft where we have an assclown and Manning in the 1st round to be fair.

round:

1 Manning, 3

1 Leaf, 1

2 Batch, 1

3 Frost, 1

3 Quinn, 1

3 Griese, 2

6 M Hasselbeck, 2

6 John Dutton, 1

7 Moses Moreno, 1

On the Y axis have 3 values:

3= Great QB

2= Decent QB

1= Sucky QB

On the x axis have the round taken

I ranked them with the 3 values at the end of the player. BTW I threw out Frost who was drafted to be a DB not a QB.

Plot it out in Excel and you clearly get a downward progression as you head to later rounds.

Lets even do it for a QB heavy draft for the 1st round, say the McNabb draft.

1-Couch, 1

1- McNabb, 3

1- Smith, 1

1- McNown, 1

1- Culpepper, 3

2- King, 1

3- Huard, 1

4- Germaine, 1

4- Brooks, 2

5- Daft, 1

7- Bishop, 1

7- Griesen, 1

7- Covington, 1

Again an Excel plot shows a downward trend when adding a trendline.

That means that you are less likely to get a great or even good QB as you go lower in the rounds of the draft!

Losman will get his chance some day.  In the interim, quit trying to hack up Bledsoe to satisfy your personal agenda.

185581[/snapback]

I thought he was praising Bledsoe for being a first-round pick...

Does anyone have any idea precisely what this pez-head was trying to say?

I thought he was praising Bledsoe for being a first-round pick...

Does anyone have any idea precisely what this pez-head was trying to say?

185586[/snapback]

Its real easy. The majority of the teams in the playoffs or in contention for a playoff spot have 1st round QB's as the starters!

The notion that any undrafted or late round but pirate can come in and take you to the superbowl is poppycock!

Its real easy. The majority of the teams in the playoffs or in contention for a playoff spot have 1st round QB's as the starters!

The notion that any undrafted or late round but pirate can come in and take you to the superbowl is poppycock!

185589[/snapback]

Look at my post on the first page. 6/12 or HALF of the starting QB's in the playoffs last year were NOT first or second round draft picks.