Baltimore Inner Harbor family weekend suggestions....

• 1 month later...

ok, heading to baltimore next weekend(8/9-10) any restaurants in the inner harbor that are 'must see'...keep in mind there will be 16 of us and I personally don't want to spend too much money...any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ok, heading to baltimore next weekend(8/9-10) any restaurants in the inner harbor that are 'must see'...keep in mind there will be 16 of us and I personally don't want to spend too much money...any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pooj..wish i could be of more help here. i know nothing in the Inner Harbour that is not chain/ touristy / or not touristy not expensive!

Couple of suggestions

For lunch, you may want to go to The Lexington Market and get a Faidleys Crab Cake. To me, best in Bmore for the price. Not saying its cheap, but great all crab crab cake for $ 12 bucks or so.

Also, Saturday afternoon for Happy Hour at the Cross Street Market in Federal Hill pretty fun. Great raw bar, cheap 32oz domestics! if you are a fan of the Wire, this is the place where Jimmy had his kids trail Stringer.

Think of Reading Terminal for both places.

One area i just do not know well at all is Little Italy. My gut says nothing not expensive there either, but i may be wrong.

I would think for dinner you may want to explore either Federal Hilll or Fells Point. Might be some Balitimorons on here that would have better local knowledge than I.

One place we have eaten as a family recently was the Blue Hill Tavern in a part of town they are calling Brewers Hill now. Dont think walkable from your place..but not sure. Place was not cheap..i would say entrees were in the $20-$25 dollar range..but food was great, beer selection pretty good..and they had a nice room upstairs for our party of 12. Free valet so thats good.

Edited by plenzmd1

There is one restaurant you must visit for breakfast (if you can avoid having all 16 there as it is a smaller place, if not cool)- Miss Shirley's Cafe, 750 E. Pratt Street. Their breakfast is the best I have ever had in my life, bar none.

There are several options along the Inner Harbor, but I would most certainly recommend you going to Canton, which is down the street and on the water. They have a lot of choices that are away from all of the city traffic- just follow Boston Street from the Inner Harbor and you'll see it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton,_Baltimore