Im worried about Bledsoe vs. Pitt!!!!

JP-era

Everyone knows that Im not fond of Bledsoe as our QB anymore. Id rather go with youth at this point and start building our own trifecta. But, no one can argue that Drew has put up points in the last 8 games and is one of the reasons the Bills are in playoff contention. However, we just went through our weakest section of our schedule. Drew has also laid eggs against big time teams like NE.

What Drew will we see? Will he be the Drew that gets the ball out in 3 seconds or runs or throws the ball SAFELY away? Or will we see the Drew that lobs balls into double, sometimes triple coverage? Throws right at DB's? Stands in the pocket and takes 5+ sacks?

The reason Im worried is simple. Even in the big wins we have had, Ive watched Drew throw lots of floaters into double coverage, throw balls directly at the DB's and throw behind the WR's. Against the 49'ers thats probably fine and proved to not be a problem. But, the Steelers are a whole different thing entirely! The Steelers have a GREAT defense, if Drew throws off target they are very likely to pick him off. With there speed, they can get under his lobs and fight for the ball. Hes going to have to drill the ball in there and be on target to win this one. Lets hope he steps up.

Im still rooting for the Bills and think that BOTH Den and NYJ lose!

What Drew will we see? Will he be the Drew that gets the ball out in 3 seconds or runs or throws the ball SAFELY away? Or will we see the Drew that lobs balls into double, sometimes triple coverage? Throws right at DB's? Stands in the pocket and takes 5+ sacks?

184915[/snapback]

After the NE game, I also jumped on the JP bandwagon but obviously have had reason to eat crow since that time.

Two things bother me - that DB may break our heart in a big game and Rian Lindell misses a game winning field goal.

With their defense, you can be sure that Cowher/Lebeau will come at DB very very aggressively early in the game. How we pick up blitzes, establish the run or run a no huddle in the 1Q will determine the result. If Cowher succeeds in making us have to air it to win, I am afraid we will lose.

WA (wild a**) prediction: Bills 24 Steelers 13

Jets Lose, Denver wins

We win the wild card game and lose the next one. I would rather lose in the playoffs to the Steelers than NE 'cos I hate having to hear how 'Bellichik owns DB'.

Everyone knows that Im not fond of Bledsoe as our QB anymore. Id rather go with youth at this point and start building our own trifecta. But, no one can argue that Drew has put up points in the last 8 games and is one of the reasons the Bills are in playoff contention. However, we just went through our weakest section of our schedule. Drew has also laid eggs against big time teams like NE.

The reason Im worried is simple. Even in the big wins we have had, Ive watched Drew throw lots of floaters into double coverage, throw balls directly at the DB's and throw behind the WR's. Against the 49'ers thats probably fine and proved to not be a problem. But, the Steelers are a whole different thing entirely! The Steelers have a GREAT defense, if Drew throws off target they are very likely to pick him off. With there speed, they can get under his lobs and fight for the ball. Hes going to have to drill the ball in there and be on target to win this one. Lets hope he steps up.

184915[/snapback]

I think the only way to get around this Bledsoe jerk is to put JP in now!

Mularkey is such a freakin' idiot. If he had only listened to this jp-era guy and Rico we probably would be resting guys by this game!!

Going with Losman at any point in this season would have been giving-up, like the Giants did with their move to Manning. And the results of the past 6 weeks speak for themselves. Losman is simply NOT ready at this time, and may not be for another year. We'll have to see, but JP has a lot to prove, and I mean a LOT.

I think the only way to get around this Bledsoe jerk is to put JP in now!

Mularkey is such a freakin' idiot.  If he had only listened to this jp-era guy and Rico we probably would be resting guys by this game!!

184975[/snapback]

I was willing to wait till the 2007 season when JP might have been a good QB!

Should you not also be worrying that Fletcher doesn't kick the ball after holding Pittsburgh to a fourth down, only to be flagged, only to give them a first down and allow them to win the game?

Should you not also worry that Nate won't bat down a last-minute hail mary, and instead unsuccessfully try a pick, resulting in a last second victory by the Steelers.

Should you not also worry that that on a third down conversion that would close out the victory, that Villarial gets called for holding, thus negating the first down, creating a third a long, which turns into a sack, which turns into a punt, which turns into the Steelers having one more chance to beat us?

You sure seem to worry about only one thing. You should try to diversify a bit.

Going with Losman at any point in this season would have been giving-up, like the Giants did with their move to Manning.  And the results of the past 6 weeks speak for themselves.  Losman is simply NOT ready at this time, and may not be for another year.  We'll have to see, but JP has a lot to prove, and I mean a LOT.

184979[/snapback]

But he carries the clip board with real style and looks great in a track suit.

JP's year has been pretty much a wash. He has been in rehab for most of the year so he will be little better than a rookie next year. Shane is the No.2 and Drew the starter until further notice.

Should you not also be worrying that Fletcher doesn't kick the ball after holding Pittsburgh to a fourth down, only to be flagged, only to give them a first down and allow them to win the game?

Should you not also worry that Nate won't bat down a last-minute hail mary, and instead unsuccessfully try a pick, resulting in a last second victory by the Steelers.

Should you not also worry that that on a third down conversion that would close out the victory, that Villarial gets called for holding, thus negating the first down, creating a third a long, which turns into a sack, which turns into a punt, which turns into the Steelers having one more chance to beat us?

184987[/snapback]

Ahh yes, the "QB is only one player on the field" arguement. Unfortunately Drew is the start of EVERY single throw in our passing game. And as such he is MORE responsible for MORE of the game than say London or Villarial. Can other players be boneheads and shoot us in the foot? Absolutely! But Drew will be solely responsible for throwing the ball to our WR's, that give him lots and lots of responsibility over getting the ball there!

184987[/snapback]

I am assuming you addressed this post to me. I was simply stating my deepest fears as, arguably, the QB and kicker have the greatest effect on close games. I am just praying that DB continues to play the 'percentage' game that he has been playing for the past 6 games. I don't care if he doesn't put Peyton-type numbers - just manage the game and let the other aspects work themselves out.

But he carries the clip board with real style and looks great in a track suit.

JP's year has been pretty much a wash.  He has been in rehab for most of the year so he will be little better than a rookie next year.  Shane is the No.2 and Drew the starter until further notice.

184996[/snapback]

I sure hope for the Bills that "further notice" isnt on January 3, 2004!

Ahh yes, the "QB is only one player on the field" arguement. Unfortunately Drew is the start of EVERY single throw in our passing game. And as such he is MORE responsible for MORE of the game than say London or Villarial. Can other players be boneheads and shoot us in the foot? Absolutely! But Drew will be solely responsible for throwing the ball to our WR's, that give him lots and lots of responsibility over getting the ball there!

184999[/snapback]

I don't think we'll ever see this guy walking into a MENSA meeting with a bowl of potato salad.

I used to think...well he's 13 or 14. Now I'm thinking 8 maybe 9.

I am assuming you addressed this post to me.

185001[/snapback]

No, sir. It was for JP-era, who has the ability to take a six-game winning streak...a streak in which our quarterback has played quite well...and hang on to his very last chance to be right: that we have only played crappy teams and a real team will beat us.

When you point out that other things can beat us...and HAVE beat us, he will again point out that the quarterback is the only one who touches the ball on every offensive play and despite him playing right now the best he's played all year, he is still a problem.

If we were 12-3 right now, he'd still be saying the same thing.

powerful stuff...

dude, you left Grand Theft Auto on pause...

now get back in there before the old lady makes it across the street

185033[/snapback]

And your AIM account must be turned off right about now, switch to some other teeny bopper instant messager and save us your idiotic teenage "your mother" slams!

Take a hike and leave the Bills boards to the adults!

And your AIM account must be turned off right about now, switch to some other teeny bopper instant messager and save us your idiotic teenage "your mother" slams!

Take a hike and leave the Bills boards to the adults!

185054[/snapback]

Now I'm confused :doh: Is he an adult with this kind of football knowledge?

No, sir. It was for JP-era, who has the ability to take a six-game winning streak...a streak in which our quarterback has played quite well...and hang on to his very last chance to be right: that we have only played crappy teams and a real team will beat us.

When you point out that other things can beat us...and HAVE beat us, he will again point out that the quarterback is the only one who touches the ball on every offensive play and despite him playing right now the best he's played all year, he is still a problem.

If we were 12-3 right now, he'd still be saying the same thing.

185028[/snapback]

Ok, I sure hope things continue to hum along as they have been for the past 6 weeks with all departments doing their jobs well. We have blown several teams out and I am not wishing or hoping for a blowout. My wish is that if we can blow out the StL, SF etc., we should at least be good enough to beat Pitts.

On the one hand I am livid that I cannot see the game on TV due to a Bears home game. On the other hand, I am superstitious that we lose on every game I do watch on TV.

I am so majorly tensed for this game that I can't sleep well for the past few days.

Now I'm confused :doh: Is he an adult with this kind of football knowledge?

185064[/snapback]

The post was football talk. But here, often, if you dont completely agree with everyone, ego's get damaged and your instantly attacked apparently.

See ya, I got better things to do than stoop!

Ok, I sure hope things continue to hum along as they have been for the past 6 weeks with all departments doing their jobs well. We have blown several teams out and I am not wishing or hoping for a blowout. My wish is that if we can blow out the StL, SF etc., we should at least be good enough to beat Pitts.

On the one hand I am livid that I cannot see the game on TV due to a Bears home game. On the other hand, I am superstitious that we lose on every game I do watch on TV.

I am so majorly tensed for this game that I can't sleep well for the past few days.

185065[/snapback]

I am as well. Im the kind of guy that worries and this one has me up at nights. Rose colored glasses are apparently required here.