Where we stand right now in the AFC E

I am curious about the defense. There have been so many changes that it's hard to project how things will be. At the very least you'd have to assume that with the all the new players and a new system it will take time to really start playing well. Let's see what happens when the games start.

I agree with some of the posters, until the Bills play on the field they are the last place team in the division. I don't think they are up to the Patriots level yet, but they certainly should be considered as a possible Wild Card contender. Anything can happen though, it is way too early. A key injury to Brady, or even to Fitz could propel the Bills up the ladder or down the ladder. I am still worred about our QB depth, I don't think I would trust Thigpen against a High School team.

How does the AFC look.. Here is My Opinion:

1. Pats -- Defending AFC Chanmpions, and have addressed their WR problem with addition of Lloyd and 9 other WR (LOL figure 1 of them will emerge my guess is Gaffney be the #2 WR w Welker back in the Slot) they also addressed the Defensive front 4 in the draft w all but 1 pick being D and 2 1st rounders projected be D starters. Weakness? The 2ndary is still suspect while they did add a new safety will McCourty rebound from his 2nd year slump? only time will tell. Prediction: 14-2/13-3 (weak schedule)

2. Bills -- have made some aggressive moves in FA w Williams and Anderson signings, defense should be vastly improved over last year and one of the teams leading in sacks by years end. With the offense healthy they should be able put up points again. weakness? very little depth so injuries to key players could effec t them greatly. I also do not see anyone to compliment CJ as a WR. Prediction: 12-4/11-5

3. Phins -- Have a very good D, but their O will scare NO ONE. Prediction: 5-11/4-12

4. J--E--T--S -- D is old and they are still imploding from within, their draft will be extreme busts or reward.. I am expecting bust, Rex Ryan gets fired as he loses even more control of the locker room. 3-13/2-14

This, although I think 10-6 or 9-7 maybe more realistic

as of right now, we are in a 4 way tie for first place at 0-0

We're tied for first place in the division. (Let me enjoy that for as long as it lasts!)

Right now, we're not just in first place in the AFC East but the entire NFL! :thumbsup:

According to DML, we're tied for last place.

No they haven't because they have at least made the playoffs in the last decade.

Except we have a retread DC, a starting center who can barely walk, a DT and OLB with bum Achilles' tendons, a log jam of hope for a LT, and no credible #2 WR...all that and a suspect QB situation...very doubtful they can knock off the Patriots but with their light schedule they should be in the Wild Card discussion until at least week 13-14.

The Patriots have an easier schedule than us, partly because conventionally speaking they play us twice while we play them twice.

But on top of that, their schedule is more favorable in terms of the bye sequences and the sequence of their opponents (home/road and playoff/non-playoff teams).

Until we can at least go .500 in our division, I'll consider us bottom dwellers.

Hopefully we're on the right path, but 4-12, and 6-10 seasons speak louder than roster moves.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

I think this year is still the Pats...but I think this is their last year.

Jets have locked themselves in a corner with Sanchez/Tebow...and a team of guys (including the HC) who thinks the NFL is an individual game.

Dolphins are done for a while unless I am more wrong than anything I have ever said. Tannehill is going to be a bust and will set them back 3-4 years.

So its our turn to shine. Our problem will be IF Fitzpatrick isnt what we need him to be. We could potentially have all the pieces we need BUT a quarterback. That is a scary thought, but possible.

This, although I think 10-6 or 9-7 maybe more realistic

I totally agree. Bills fans have the right to be optimistic about the team after this off season, but it is still going to take a little time. Knowing Bills fans for 4+ decades like I have, they automatically get over optimistic and then are disappointed. If this team wins 9 or 10 games and competes for a Wild Card, I would be 100% satisfied after what the past decade has brought.

I like your optimism but they still haven't played a single down yet... We still are the worst team in the division until we prove it otherwise on the field. Don't you remember the Eagles won the Superbowl in last year's off-season.... they didn't make the playoffs.

Disagree - Miami is worse

Last year I guess was an exception but the consensus 2-4 predictions are wrong pretty much on an annual basis (eg when Miami is supposed to suck they finish 2nd, when they're supposed to be decent they suck). Basically all 3 teams have had some major holes for a long time (particularly at the most important position) and the order typically comes down to health and a few chance bounces/turnovers. So I guess I don't much care about the Jets or Fish. That's not say I think we've surpassed them as an organization because of a few offseason moves but the bottom line is if we're ever going to be the team we want to be we need to go 3-1 and finish ahead of such mediocre clubs. It really sucks but until Brady is over the hill or we find an elite QB ourselves (I'm guessing the former will happen sooner) the division will always be about them.

Edited by BuffOrange