Impractical Jokers

ajzepp

I freely admit that I'm always never too far away from my inner child, and ever since I watched Candid Camera as a kid with the Funtster, I've been hooked on practical joke type shows. I laughed so hard at tonight's episode that I just had to mention it here and see if anyone else was a fan.

In case you're not familiar with it, here's a link to the home page. Basically it's four guys from New York who have been friends since high school. They have an improv show that they do, and they've brought some of their schtick to tv. Each week they come up with prank challenges for each other, and at the end of the show whoever failed to complete their tasks ends up being punished (which is often the funniest part of the show). Tonight was the first time where they had a 4-way tie and all of them had to suffer the consequences. I laughed so hard that I nearly had to change the sheets on my bed.

It's on Thursdays at 10pm on Tru TV and it was just renewed for a 2nd season.

Anyone see it?

I have and I love it. Easily one of my favorite shows.

Have you seen an episode yet where you DIDN'T laugh? I always place a premium on shows/movies that can truly get me to laugh, and these guys accomplish that very consistently. They come up with some great challenges and the way they all work off each other is great...I'm really glad they got a 2nd season, although sooner or later they'll become too recognizable for the show

I love this show! I missed last night though. I think my favorite prank was the one where the loser had to guess what strangers ate by smelling their breath. These guys are nuts! :lol:

I love this show! I missed last night though. I think my favorite prank was the one where the loser had to guess what strangers ate by smelling their breath. These guys are nuts! :lol:

Dude, you gotta post again after you see last night's show...I think it's the funniest one I've seen yet. There is an elevator scene that will have you rollin', and the 4-way punishment at the end is epic!

Brian Quinn one of the cast of piratical jokers is on a very good pod cast. I would recommend it if you like Kevin Smith. I think he also does another pod cast with the impractical jokers guys called the Tenderloins pod.

http://smodcast.com/channels/tell-em-steve-dave/

Thanks! Just added smodcast to my InTune RAdio app and tenderloin podcast to iTunes :thumbsup:

Oh MAN! I forgot all about Ed Bassmaster! lol I used to watch his youtube stuff at work a couple years ago...Mumbles at the drive in always had me rolling

Never seen it. Got it set to record on my DVR though. Thanx for the suggestion

Let us know what you think after you see it :)

I saw some clips on the website of the show that you posted in your first post. Some really funny stuff! I can't believe these guys can do some of these stunts.

They come up with idea that I've never seen before...much of the show is very creative, and even though they do hit on the potty humor from time to time, it's relatively clean comedy. Often times the punishment for the loser at the end of the show is the best part...if you haven't seen any of those yet, check em out...it's hilarious watching them endure it lol

Another good one from YouTube. I tend to like the YouTube ones better, more warped than the TV shows

youtube.com/watch?v=3lR6JFrXsoM&feature=relmfu

LOL, wtf?

03:50 :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Tivo'd some of these; they're pretty good. My wife thinks it's the greatest show.

I've been in major withdrawal since the season finale lol. It's very hard to find a show that is CONSISTENTLY funny, but this one is exactly that for me.

I've been in major withdrawal since the season finale lol. It's very hard to find a show that is CONSISTENTLY funny, but this one is exactly that for me.

I think we have something like 10 of these set to record on Sunday.

sometimes the perk in coming late to a good show is that you can stockpile all the episodes and watch a monster marathon!

thanks again for the recommendation!