WOW, feel the love

The stars are aligning...

Can you guys imagine what it would feel like if we finally win a SB, but the team had moved to L.A. two years prior?

:ph34r:

That is exactly what happened to the Brooklyn Dodgers. Won the World Series and left the next year cross country.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stars are aligning...

Can you guys imagine what it would feel like if we finally win a SB, but the team had moved to L.A. two years prior?

:ph34r:

If you were a Quebec Nordiques fan, you don't have to imagine - it happened to their fans when the team moved to Colorado and won the cup the first year in their new home.

Buddy said in his presser day two responding to the question about Glenn as guard "that was want we wanted them to think hee hee" yes he did. They drafted Glenn to play LT regardless where he ends up. But give him two years to get his feet and he will start and succeed. my words.

Buddy said in his presser day two responding to the question about Glenn as guard "that was want we wanted them to think hee hee" yes he did. They drafted Glenn to play LT regardless where he ends up. But give him two years to get his feet and he will start and succeed. my words.

Glenn is going to start at LT on opening day this year. Barring any type of injury where he would miss time, I would bet on it.

As far as draft grades go, it seems to me that anyone who thinks Cordy Glenn is a LT and has potential there, thinks this draft is a homerun. We fans have been reading everything we can on this guy and we trust Nix as well as our OL coaches. So we for the most part think this is a homerun. Anyone who thinks that Glenn is not a LT but destined to be a OG or RT, thinks of this draft as average, and a lot of Bills fans just assume they are idiots. That's all there is to it.

If Glenn plays LT and is good to great, the draft is likely a homerun. If he fails or has to be moved inside to OG or RT, the draft is likely average at best.

Ive never seen the Bills have a offseason like this. Ive been diehard for 20 years and Im loving that we kept players, we got players, and we hopefully drafted good players. It looks really good on paper, now lets hope everything falls into place, everyone gels and please FOOTBALL GODS no crazy rash of injuries, WE WANT TO SEE OUR TEAM AT FULL FORCE, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR! HOLY CRAP HOW FUN WAS THAT START, but then.........classic. I think this year we should go 10-6 and playoff drought is over. PS I live in L.A. if the team moves here that would ruin my football life, if they move anywhere that will ruin my 20 years of fandom, all that love and pain. LETS GO BUFFALO!

If you were a Quebec Nordiques fan, you don't have to imagine - it happened to their fans when the team moved to Colorado and won the cup the first year in their new home.

Ouch! I remember that damn Avalanche team...they were friggin good.

That is exactly what happened to the Brooklyn Dodgers. Won the World Series and left the next year cross country.

Actually, that's sort of interesting. If the Bills won the SB and THEN moved the following year, I think the reactions of the fan base would be fascinating since there would be generational differences for sure. Those of us who have been fans since the 80s might be able to see it as "closure" amidst the pain of the team relocating, whereas newer fans might actually end up reacting MORE emotionally to a move. Mind you, the last thing I would ever want is for the Bills to leave, I just think it's interesting to think about how the timing of a SB win could affect the way it's viewed.

1335743952[/url]' post='2453174']

It bothers me we drafted a guy that will be a guard when we needed a tackle, but oh well

We drafted a LT who can be moved to G IF he can't handle LT. We also landed a 2nd-3rd rd prospect with Sanders. Our OL depth looks amazing if the rooks can contribute.

1335845337[/url]' post='2454271']

Ive never seen the Bills have a offseason like this. Ive been diehard for 20 years and Im loving that we kept players, we got players, and we hopefully drafted good players. It looks really good on paper, now lets hope everything falls into place, everyone gels and please FOOTBALL GODS no crazy rash of injuries, WE WANT TO SEE OUR TEAM AT FULL FORCE, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR! HOLY CRAP HOW FUN WAS THAT START, but then.........classic. I think this year we should go 10-6 and playoff drought is over. PS I live in L.A. if the team moves here that would ruin my football life, if they move anywhere that will ruin my 20 years of fandom, all that love and pain. LETS GO BUFFALO!

My thoughts exactly on all fronts (except I live in Las Vegas and have been a fan for 30+)