Gateway to the Future

all I have to say is...yea right, keep dreaming....this would require cooperation and economic input from TWO countries, a billion dollar organization (the NFL), a multi-million dollar business (the bills), two counties and several city governments....maybe if we had a dictator who "just got **** done"...but at that level of government/money there would never be cooperation to make that happen

I'm all for a downtown stadium IF it can be a multi-use facility that can bring people into the city more than 7-9 times a year. The author does not mention what this new downtown Gateway would be used for, outside of Bills games, and presumably Bisons games, since he wants it to be on the site of Coca-Cola Field. That suggestion alone, that Coca-Cola Field could be razed/renovated/expanded to accommodate his vision, is absurd. Does he want a AAA baseball team that averages maybe 10k a game to play in a 70k-seat football stadium? CC Field is working just fine as it is- why fix what ain't broken?

I'll give him points for thinking big, and I agree that sinking $200 mil into a 40 yr-old stadium in the suburbs might not be the best investment, but he needs to come up with at least some ideas what a downtown stadium can be used for outside of Bills games. I'm surprised the News published this, given its lack of details.