So What are the Weakest Links, post-draft

I am more interested in discussing positions other than 1st QB. I mentioned excluding 1st QB, because I don't want the thread to turn into another "Is Fitz good enough?" discussion, of which there are plenty already on this board.

Ok we can do that i think the word that comes to mind is value. Seems to me that from the second pick on we got players that were rated higher than where we picked them (except of course the WR in the third) but if you listen to Buddy and Chan they were pleased with who they got. To me the linemen we got not only provide depth (glenn may start from the get go) but also scheme versatility then can man more than one spot on the line Chix seem to really covet that. The two LBs are good players and can also man all three 4-3 spots again good depth and versatility the cb from lsu is a special teams ace as is Bradham the LB from FSU si I say we did well...hows that?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we can do that i think the word that comes to mind is value. Seems to me that from the second pick on we got players that were rated higher than where we picked them (except of course the WR in the third) but if you listen to Buddy and Chan they were pleased with who they got. To me the linemen we got not only provide depth (glenn may start from the get go) but also scheme versatility then can man more than one spot on the line Chix seem to really covet that. The two LBs are good players and can also man all three 4-3 spots again good depth and versatility the cb from lsu is a special teams ace as is Bradham the LB from FSU si I say we did well...hows that?

Looks good. So where do you think they need an upgrade the most now (aside from 1st QB)?

I think the Bills should bring back TO as the transitional #2 WR for Easley and/or Graham. He and Fitzpatrick had a great connection going before he left Buffalo and his "diva" days look to be long over. This team is ready for a real run and TO is my choice for the #2 guy to at least start the season in that spot...

http://www.cbssports...hat-is-the-plan

"As far as health, I'm fine. I'm just looking for an opportunity." Owens said. "The Indoor League is quicker…it's faster than the outdoor game. It has enhanced my route running ability. If anything, I've benefited from, and noticed how quick coming in and out of my breaks I've become."

Former Buccaneers linebacker Derrick Brooks, who now serves as the president and general manager of the AFL's Tampa Bay Storm, has scouted Owens and came away impressed.

"I see humility and I see hunger. A lot of guys would not step back and play indoor football to prove to teams that they can still play," he said. "The hunger is still there. You can see it when he plays."

Bring him back Buddy!

A year ago I would have said you were nuts, now this idea may not be as crazy as it sounds.

No. 2 WR definitely. We have a slew of talented No. 3s and 4s, but we missed the boat on a someone who could draw double coverage. This Graham pick is a mystery.

Fitz needs a guy who can get deep AND pull in inaccurate throws. Unless Easley turns out to be that guy, I see us struggling stretching the field vertically.

Other than that, mighty good draft. Our O line should be something special. I think Nigel Bradham will be a regular rotational player within a few games, and will be an impact kind of guy. Can't wait to see Tank Carder play. And we got better in our secondary, which was already decent.

Only other concern is backup QB. If Fitz played with broken ribs last season, I got to think our backup QB situation is pretty bad, although I wouldn't know, because Thigpen never played.

Well a reliable back up QB thats worth a dam would nice also that s the mist glaring need to me. As it stands we will see what the youngsters do by mid season ask me again and Ill tell you :)

I'm not a Thiggy fan but I did spend some time looking at his game logs over the years and such, and I think part of his problem last year may have been no off-season and limited time to learn the playbook.

I think B'lo offense asks for a lot from the QB. So I think it's possible, if he's had his head in the playbook hard during the off-season, he may do better than most of us think - which is not a high bar to cross, come to think of it.

I also have hints (they are vague) that he may have come in with a bit of an attitude, thinking he had an "in" with Chan and he'd challenge Fitz for the starting slot, and sulked a bit when he figured out that wasn't on the menu.

So it may depend a lot on where his head is at.

Edited by Hopeful

Holy cow, you put all that in the Shout box? :lol:

Nice write up. I can't disagree with your main points at all.

I will add to the list: Punter. This is a footnote to our list of needs of course. I think Moorman's best days are behind him. He's served us well, but i no longer feel like he's a strength going into the season.

Basic points were in the shout box, I figured I could elaborate a bit more here :ph34r:

Your point about an RB is true. As of now I would think that around 2014 is the time to target one...

2nd string QB, 3rd string QB. Those positions are both vacant for all practical purposes.There were a lot of TEs that saw spot duty at the end of last season. I don't know if any are keepers.

I am not convinced that Tashard Choice and Johnny White can be relied on if Fred or CJ get hurt.

There are a lot of WRs on the roster. Quantity versus quality is a concern. Will Easley be any good? Nobody knows.

+ 1