Do we really need to trade down for Kalil?

Indianapolis (2-14) Andrew Luck

Washington - from St. Louis (2-14) Robert Griffin

Minnesota (3-13) Morris Claiborne

Cleveland (4-12) Trent Richardson

Tampa Bay (4-12) Fletcher Cox

St. Louis - from Washington (5-11) Justin Blackmon

Jacksonville (5-11) Stephon Gilmore

Miami (6-10) Ryan Tannehill

Carolina (6-10) Luke Kuechly

Buffalo (6-10) Matt Kalil

All its gonna take is one surprise pick in the top 6 of the draft, and a guy like Kalil or Blackmon can very well fall to us. We shall see tomorrow!

All its gonna take is one surprise pick in the top 6 of the draft, and a guy like Kalil or Blackmon can very well fall to us. We shall see tomorrow!

It's called trading UP if you go from #10 to #3.

This is not New Math. This is how the NFL Draft works.

I will gladly drop $100 on a bet to anyone here there will be a trade in the top 10. And that could screw up everyones draft board.

I dont doubt it, I just dont see anyone trading up for Kalil. Look at the rest of the draft after 10, teams that need a LT have no ammo to do the deal.

I dont doubt it, I just dont see anyone trading up for Kalil. Look at the rest of the draft after 10, teams that need a LT have no ammo to do the deal.

I agree with this. The Bills just need to sit tight and let the draft come to them. In a division with Rogers, Cutler and Stafford, it seems like the Vikings will draft Claiborne over Kalil, and if they do then I just don't see a team clamoring to trade ahead of Buffalo for Kalil. Even if there were a team that wanted to trade up, would the team trading back risk losing out on an impact player? I'm not so sure they would. The Bills should stay at #10 and keep their top picks. There's the very real chance Kalil falls to them.

If the WR crop is as deep as advertised, I could see the Rams drafting Kalil and taking their WR in the 2nd.

I agree with this. The Bills just need to sit tight and let the draft come to them. In a division with Rogers, Cutler and Stafford, it seems like the Vikings will draft Claiborne over Kalil, and if they do then I just don't see a team clamoring to trade ahead of Buffalo for Kalil. Even if there were a team that wanted to trade up, would the team trading back risk losing out on an impact player? I'm not so sure they would. The Bills should stay at #10 and keep their top picks. There's the very real chance Kalil falls to them.

I agree as well...but remember that this is also a division with Matthews, Peppers and the Detroit D-line. Protecting a young QB is very important as well. I suppose it what the Vikes feel they can get deeper in the draft...the corner or a serviceable LT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be great if Kalil fell to 10 but I don't think it is likely. Franchise left tackles are hard to find. If Kalil falls past the Vikings I doubt he would fall all the way to pick 10. Someone ahead of us would probably change their draft plans and take Kalil. I don't think he would fall past the 5th or 6th pick.

I think if he falls past the Vikes you have to get on the phones and see if a team is willing to let you move up without giving up the farm. If you can't find a reasonable trade up, you move on an prepare to pick someone else. Sometimes you just can't get the player you need most.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a feeling St. Louis would take Kalil if the Vikings don't. The Cards could take Kalil and draft a receiver later on. There is a lot of depth at wideout this year but a big drop off at offensive tackle. I think there would be a better chance of Blackmon falling to the Bills than Kalil. Receivers are a dime a dozen, franchise tackles don't come along very often.

If the WR crop is as deep as advertised, I could see the Rams drafting Kalil and taking their WR in the 2nd.

Exactly - that's where he ends up in most of the mocks that have Kalil slipping past #3 - I can't see him falling to #10.

I would bet money that the Buffalo Bills will NOT be trading up at all this year. Simply because there are so many scenarios with players we may covet falling to us at #10 and Nix already said he would like to have more picks not less. I can see us trading down and grabbing extra picks, but it's most likely we stay pat as I really believe the Bills are enamored with Barron, Kuechly, and Gilmore and one of them will certainly be available at #10 if not all 3. They could even possibly trade down to say Dallas if Barron is on the board and grab one of them or a OT at #14. But if Kalil falls to #10 no way we trade down and the Bills rush to the podium to grab him.

I really dont think we will go WR at #10 given the depth in this draft and their belief they can get a guy they like in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Plus I think they have some hope in Easley (just speculation on my part) because he was starting to show what he is capable of last year in workouts and in preseason. So I don't think the FO feels a lot of pressure to go WR early with a young guy like him coming back and with the other guys we have. I am sure they want to add one at some point, but I doubt it will be in the first even if Blackmon and Floyd are both there.