Buddy Nix online chat recap

Beerball

Why does anyone think Buddy Nix would tip his hand in an online chat two days before the draft? Come on, people. It is just as likely the Bills will pick Keuchly now as it was a minute before the online chat started. Or not. Or possibly.

Not only that, looking back at least season the Bills were sorta openly amendment about how much they liked Von Miller and Cam Newton.... so look what happened there. Not that they are unhappy with MD, just think they wanted Newton and Miller more.

I think they aren't going to show any interest in any of the top ten players hoping to get the guy they covet., or hoping that one of the top 5 players falls to them

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given what teams are doing with TE's around the league, it's hard to understand the mindset behind not selecting a one. Chandler, Caussin, Brock, and Cinnibun are probably the worst collection of TE's in the NFL and offer very little in the receiving game. Chandler had less than 4 catches or less 11 out of 14 games for a team that threw the ball 578 times last year.

I think nix's comment is more of a statement on the lack of depth for TE in this draft.

If they do not take Fleener @ 41 (if he is there) is there a TE project in the draft with more potential than Onobun?

If you look back in hindsight, Buddy spelled out pretty clearly who he was going to take in 2010 and 2011(Spiller/Dareus).

If I take these comments with that in mind - its going to be a CB, likely Gilmore as Kalil (the two guy he would love to have, along with a second and third in Claibounre and Blackmon) is gone.

Pretty clear LB isn't happening at 10 so get over it. Also, we'll have a WR and CB within the first 3 rounds (probably first 2). Also no Barron that much was obvious from the chat.

Comment From Guest How big of an impact do deeper positions in the later rounds affect your top few picks?

Buddy Nix: It does affect it. If you think you can fill a need later on it'll help determine what you do early.

Comment From Trev Ronholm How do you feel about the value at LB versus the WR position in this years draft? Do you feel LB is a position of need for the Bills?

Buddy Nix: I think depth at LB is certainly a position of need. I think the draft is much deeper at WR than it is LB.

Soooooo, 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 LB, 2 CB, no TE

And a few weeks ago, Nix said he wanted to get two offensive tackles. Now when he makes these comments he could also be including undrafted free agents.

To the smokescreen conspiracists, Nix is no dummy. He's shrewd as hell and he works in a hyper-competitive business. Of course he's not going to tip his hand.

But if you compare Nix's chats/interviews with those of other NFL moguls, he IS very straightforward.

He may have said that "lying isn't a sin this time of year" but in the time he's been in Buffalo, he's never said anything which later could be seen as deceiving.

He'll keep some things secret but he's not going to mislead.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Not only that, looking back at least season the Bills were sorta openly amendment about how much they liked Von Miller and Cam Newton.... so look what happened there. Not that they are unhappy with MD, just think they wanted Newton and Miller more.

I think they aren't going to show any interest in any of the top ten players hoping to get the guy they covet., or hoping that one of the top 5 players falls to them

I don't know. Judging from the way Buddy reacted with pure glee after Denver announced the Miller pick, it sure looked like he was much happier to have the chance to get Dareus. No doubt they wanted Newton.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9