Listening to Buddy today regarding LT...

So; you're as confused by Buddy's remarks as the rest of us?

Big time. Wait, let me rephrase that.

Big time.

I don't think I've ever had so little confidence in either what the Bills will do, or who will turn out to be good. On the bright side, it means it'll be pretty hard for me to be disappointed. On the down side, it'll also be pretty hard for me to be psyched. If it's Kuechly or a CB, meh. I'll be okay with it, but from a positional standpoint, it's disappointing. If it's a non-Kalil LT, I'll be happy, but very wary, because any of them might fail at LT. If it's Floyd, meh. I'm not too enamored of him. (Full disclosure: if it's Floyd, I'll probably watch a lot of youtube clips of his highlights and come away really excited.) If it's a total wildcard like Tallywhacker or DeCastro or someone, I'll be very surprised in a neutral way. Only drafting Trent Richardson could really upset me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask, how do you know that there aren't 5+ teams in the top 15 that think much more highly of Glenn than the "draft experts". To be clear, I LOVE reading all of the "experts" - indeed I've done it for the past 25+ years - BUT, I recognize that the highly paid NFL scouts/GMs evaluate players based on their own criteria. I can assure you, that if you were to be able to survey all 32 NFL teams as to their player ratings that their would be 32 different ratings of 1st round caliber players. This is no where near as black-and-white as the pundits wish it to sound.

You can never be sure. You cant be sure that Luck and RG3 have higher grades on every team's draft boards than Tannehill....but you can draw reasonable conclusions from what is generally being said and what you see. There is a reason soooo many people say Glenn is a guard...not a Tackle. In the end perhaps the proof of what I'm saying will be where Glenn goes if the bills dont take him at 10...my bet is he doesnt go before 20.

The number seven pick has just been announced it's up for sale. I might have got it PFW. i read too much to recall sorry.

I bet from all i have heard that might be a move we make considering what falls that far. I know most of us folks refer back to Buddy doesn't trade picks. Mostly true but he does like to add picks and he said it. i think he, and Whaley now whispering in his ear a bit more, he might play some more chess with picks This year. Cash and Cheddar, I feel pretty good about where the team is going in the draft as far as positions. Just seems like its the details of where we take them and who exactly. :blink:

That Buddy is darn good with words and a lot of fun to decipher. He is very consistent but always makes me want to think harder on what he says. He is even more intrigueing to watch. Its a good time to be a Buffalo fan IMHO!

Honesty is confusing to a lot of people.

I think he's more upfront than most GMs. If you look at the things he's said in the past and his actions, they tend to make sense. That is not the norm in the NFL and people try to read more deeply into the meanings because they think there is something 'hidden' behind the words.