FWIW--another article on our draft needs...

Boy, I don't see Nick Perry as a 4-3 OLB. The unnamed author confuses even himself: "Nevertheless, has some obvious talent and is a guy you would expect to start as a rush backer in a 34 scheme." We have Perry dropping to RD3 as a DE43, and not even on the radar as a OLB43.

Boy, I don't see Nick Perry as a 4-3 OLB. The unnamed author confuses even himself: "Nevertheless, has some obvious talent and is a guy you would expect to start as a rush backer in a 34 scheme." We have Perry dropping to RD3 as a DE43, and not even on the radar as a OLB43.

Upshaw is also more of a 3-4 player isn't he?

I'm a bit surprised at this anonymous write up because most of NFP's stuff is pretty decent… and attributed.

I'd take Perry in the third in heart beat, thought he was going late first early second.

Upshaw is also more of a 3-4 player isn't he?

I'm a bit surprised at this anonymous write up because most of NFP's stuff is pretty decent… and attributed.

His Perry/Upshaw picks at LB for our 43 defense are silly (it was almost as humorous as when Sportsline's Rang and Brugler (???) continued to have Upshaw as our pick for our 34 defense LONG AFTER we'd announced the move to 43). NFP also seems to have this fascination with Adams--he's consistently been ranked as their #2 OT. While everyone agrees he has the tools and potential to be the #2 OT, the consensus is that he is a risky pick which doesn't = #2 OT. Does anyone else think there are "payola" games with these mock drafts (not necessarily $$ but perhaps access)? Not saying that's the case here but sometimes when these rankings are skewed it makes me wonder (and since I'm bored I thought this might be a fun especially since we've beaten every other horse to death. :lol: ). Who will be our "Deepthroat"?

His Perry/Upshaw picks at LB for our 43 defense are silly (it was almost as humorous as when Sportsline's Rang and Brugler (???) continued to have Upshaw as our pick for our 34 defense LONG AFTER we'd announced the move to 43). NFP also seems to have this fascination with Adams--he's consistently been ranked as their #2 OT. While everyone agrees he has the tools and potential to be the #2 OT, the consensus is that he is a risky pick which doesn't = #2 OT. Does anyone else think there are "payola" games with these mock drafts (not necessarily $ but perhaps access)? Not saying that's the case here but sometimes when these rankings are skewed it makes me wonder (and since I'm bored I thought this might be a fun especially since we've beaten every other horse to death. :lol: ). Who will be our "Deepthroat"?

I was kinda thinking payola regarding the other thread where Mortensen picked the Bills as "this year's Detroit Lions."

Not so much payola but demographic pandering. Of course I have no theory on why the NFL would pander to Bills fans so that kind of shoots my theory to hell.

Hey is that the whiskey bottle over there…

I think Perry's going to go a LOT higher than RD3...Low 1st or high 2nd...There are some Teams that are REAL high on him...I know he's been the subject of talk on "Path To The Draft" quite a bit, and several of them have him in their 1st Round Mock...That means Teams are talking to them about Perry...That's how Lombardi, Casserly, and Davis operate...They take what their sources are giving them, then they go and watch some tape, or call others...It's thought that Perry may end up being one of the best Pass Rushers in this Draft...By some at least...I'm not saying he's going to be great or anything like that...Just saying he's getting a lot of attention as a 3-4 OLB, and a 4-3 DE because he does have Pass Rush capabilities, he's real young, and has a nice upside...That's enough to elevate Perry a bit...I would not be surprised to see him over-drafted a bit based purely on potential... B-)