3)Vikings- Matt Kalil

4)Browns- tent richardson

5)Bucs- M Claiborne

6)Dolphins via Rams- R Tannehill

7)Jags- J Blackmon

8)Rams-Dontari Poe

9)Panthers-M Ingram

10)Bills- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame....here's my rationale

After Kalil rumor has it rest of OT's are very similar in quality. After Blackmon and Floyd, there is a pretty big drop off. Going By Nix's Best Player Available for rounds 1 and usually 2, we Go WR #1 and OT #2

Edited by Stussy109

Good luck everyone! how did you fill it out?

1. Colts: Andrew Luck

2. Redskins: Robert Griffin III

8. Vikings: Justin Blackmon (They trade back to #8 with Miami, who picks Tannehill and pays a steep price. Ponder needs help).

4. Browns: Trent Richardson (They've wanted him all along, but Miami is suckered in to the smokescreen).

5. Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne (Could be the best defensive player to come out of this draft).

10. Rams: Riley Reiff (They trade back to #10 with Buffalo and get the Bills' second-round pick this year -- I've been consistent on this for weeks).

7. Jaguars: Melvin Ingram (They need a DE -- badly).

3. Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill (Doubt he's here at 8, which is why I have a desperate team like Miami trading up to #3 to pick Tannehill ahead of the Browns).

9. Panthers: Michael Floyd (Steve Smith is getting old and they have pressing needs at WR. I can see them going WR early to keep Newton from wearing down).

6. Bills: Matt Kalil (Trade up to #6 with the Rams; trade first-round picks and throw in a second this year).

BA

1. Colts: Andrew Luck

2. Redskins: Robert Griffin III

8. Vikings: Justin Blackmon (They trade back to #8 with Miami, who picks Tannehill and pays a steep price. Ponder needs help).

4. Browns: Trent Richardson (They've wanted him all along, but Miami is suckered in to the smokescreen).

5. Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne (Could be the best defensive player to come out of this draft).

10. Rams: Riley Reiff (They trade back to #10 with Buffalo and get the Bills' second-round pick this year -- I've been consistent on this for weeks).

7. Jaguars: Melvin Ingram (They need a DE -- badly).

3. Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill (Doubt he's here at 8, which is why I have a desperate team like Miami trading up to #3 to pick Tannehill ahead of the Browns).

9. Panthers: Michael Floyd (Steve Smith is getting old and they have pressing needs at WR. I can see them going WR early to keep Newton from wearing down).

6. Bills: Matt Kalil (Trade up to #6 with the Rams; trade first-round picks and throw in a second this year).

BA

should this happen I will be screaming like a girl when they saw the Beatles live in the 60's

BA

As if.

Either you have no idea how many times Bradford was sacked or hit and where the Rams OL ranked last year, or if you did trouble to look that up you're kinda dreamin'

Rams get a chance to draft Kalil in addition to all that loot they hauled in for trading #2, Kalil's in a helmet with a shiny gold curl on it.

<< As if. Either you have no idea how many times Bradford was sacked or hit and where the Rams OL ranked last year, or if you did trouble to look that up you're kinda dreamin' >>

Hopeful, I rather saw you as one of the classier posters on this board. Why come out with a weak "slam" without anything to back it up? Not your style.

I decided to not listen to the pundits (who are wrong way more often than they're right) and make my entry different. To me, that's what this game was about -- not copying/following "conventional wisdom."

Let's pretend I do "know how many times Bradford was sacked last year (36)" and that I'm not "kinda dreamin' " ... Let's say I look at football as a team sport.

Aside from Indy and Washington, let's take a look at the three teams drafting in front of us which were sacked the most.

• St. Louis: Bradford/Feeley/Clemens: 55
  • Miami: Moore/Henne/Losman: 52
  • Minnesota: Ponder/McNabb/Webb: 49

Not a whole lot of difference, huh? In fact, there's only a three-sack difference between the Rams and Fins, and by many accounts OL is one of Miami's "stronger" units. Now, does this mean Miami is going to go OL in the first round? Probably not. Because they have a ton of needs, just like St. Louis. Minnesota has more pieces in place than St. Louis, and I can see them going WR. I have St. Louis picking Reiff at #10. Would that not be a practical pick for a team that's in serious rebuild mode? You're talking like they're "a player away." Let's look at the Rams' starting LT -- Rodger Saffold, who they selected at #33 overall in 2010. Last year he gave up 11 sacks, 4 hits and 17 hurries. Bad, yes. However, his rookie year was pretty good -- so much so that he was named starter and never relinquished that status. Take it for what it's worth, but The Sporting News thought he had a pretty darn good rookie year. To my knowledge, he hasn't been cut yet. How are we to know that Fischer hasn't identified him as a player who can fit with the right coaching tweaks? Oh, and the Rams OL ranked 28th last year. Some perspective: The Giants were ranked 31. Bradford isn't Manning -- but maybe he's not the franchise QB the Rams thought he was?

Now, we get into your second point:

<< Rams get a chance to draft Kalil in addition to all that loot they hauled in for trading #2 Kalil's in a helmet with a shiny gold curl on it. >>

Let's talk about this "loot." They slide back this year in the first and get an extra second rounder. That's it for this draft. How is that a lot of "loot" with regard to this particular draft? Sure, they'll have an additional first next year, and an additional first the year after, but when you have so many holes to fill, doesn't it make sense to pick up extra picks -- solid additions instead of going for a single elite player? Jeff Fischer, in his first year, wants to make a splash. The team is still horrid despite some off-season signings.

While you could be right about them taking Kalil, there's no way to read Fischer's mind -- or draft board. If he rates Reiff highly, why not pull the trigger on that trade and gain a third second rounder and the second best OL (arguably) in this draft? Smart move by a rebuilding team imho.

And I'm fully awake.

BA