Brandon Weeden?

mrags

Where is this kid projected on draft day? I would guess early 4th round

How would you rate him? Ryan Mallet type arm but Chris Weinke type style

What are his flaws? In the field or off. - off the field is obviously the age factor, and on the field would be speed/mobility issues

Would you pull the trigger in him and when? I would take Russell over him, but if it were our second 4th pick, and he was still around, AND we addressed our major needs I would not mind rolling the dice on him

I believe at least one well known mock has him going to the Dolphins in Rd #2 - just after we pick... His age is a big minus though....

I do agree with this. I was simply looking for a career backup type of guy that potentially could start if needed in injury time with potential to be a steal and starter in the future if he impresses. Personally I think Fitz was this guy just a few years ago and personally I think he's good enough to win with the right pieces in place.

When you describe him and how he could best fit into the Bills jigsaw i have to agree with you. I cant get past Thigpens poor limited showings. Maybe he can be a better back up with some Bills exp under his belt this year?

This is almost a Fred Jackson type of discuss. But not exactly. The guy is young to the brutality of the NFL so his mileage is low and his experience is high. He might be a backup who could step into a season if Fitz was down and succeed.

I am still intrigued about Wilson though. the guy can play and he is too short to see over his lineman. I think Chan runs those kinds of pass plays already. Be at a spot. I think Chan and the OC really work on throwing lanes a lot more than most excepting maybe the Saints.

i think your boy would be a good career backup + for us.

I don't want to see any qb taken in rounds 2-5. Lets see if Fitz is truly the answer. If not, do what it takes next year to draft a top qb prospect in the first round.

100% agree....put it all on Fitz....anything less than playoffs, then the Bills should make a skins like move and draft the best QB they can next year.

I believe at least one well known mock has him going to the Dolphins in Rd #2 - just after we pick... His age is a big minus though....

I understand the thing about his age.

IMO, he has to go to a team where he'll start immediately. You mention Miami and that kinda makes sense.

You hope that his maturity means that he'll be solid immediately a la Andy Dalton and that he'll continue to improve for the next 4-5 years before his play declines and he retires.

If he gives a team 5-6 years of good starting QBing, he should be worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

But probably you wouldn't want to draft him as a developmental QB.