Recent articles from C. Brown, Buff News & Nolan Nawrocki regardin

I didn't post it, but somewhere Nix said he wants a Big WR who can get the ball and is open even when he is covered, aside from Floyd who else fits that profile in this draft?

Stephen Hill! Anyone deep into football and other teams for whatever reasons, fantasy being one of them, knows GT has put out two really good WRs in Calvin Johnson and Demarius Thomas. If Blackmon and Floyd are gone we would catch major hell for taking him but the guy could be the best out of the class. It might not happen day 1 but I think he will be the best of the bunch. I would really like us to trade down or trade back into the first to get him.

I think it is going to be ot or Floyd or ot, but I really want keuchly. I think with him I would feel way more confident about the defense. I just don't think the bills are going to take him. Floyd makes me nervous with all the duis. I mean, one is no biggie, but 2 in that short period shows recklessness. That is borderline nitpicking on my part, because Floyd would be a good pick for us.

Keuchly will only be the 10th pick IF Nix thinks he will be an Urlacher type talent for us. LBs just don't go that high, nor should they in the new pass happy NFL. Again, Urlacher/Willis/Lewis types are the exception.

One reason that I like Floyd is because the people who say no to him, without exception, point out his alcohol related problems and nothing on the field. Not making little of DUI's, but they never point out the hard work Floyd did to correct the problem. That should not be over looked and if the alcohol is the only issue with him, I feel he did enough to make me believe that it will not be a problem moving forward.

Keuchly will only be the 10th pick IF Nix thinks he will be an Urlacher type talent for us. LBs just don't go that high, nor should they in the new pass happy NFL. Again, Urlacher/Willis/Lewis types are the exception.

One reason that I like Floyd is because the people who say no to him, without exception, point out his alcohol related problems and nothing on the field. Not making little of DUI's, but they never point out the hard work Floyd did to correct the problem. That should not be over looked and if the alcohol is the only issue with him, I feel he did enough to make me believe that it will not be a problem moving forward.

Besides, if Floyd goes at #10 he'll have the cash to pay for a driver when he goes out. :beer:

enlighten me on what "hard work" Floyd did to correct the problem?

Using the information from the post and looking at the needs Buddy has given to us; let's see if we can put together a draft that makes sense:

No trades

2CBs - And you could never have enough corners. We would like to add two corners, whether it's through free agency or whether it's through the draft.

2OL - Buddy said recently he would like to take 2, one early and one late. Nix on the offensive tackle class: "I think it's pretty good. I think there's some guys at small schools who've got the potential. It may take 'em a little bit longer but they can be left tackles in this league." Reiff: "He's very athletic. He's not a power guy, but he can anchor when he has good technique." Martin: "Good player, a very good player."Adams: "No question, he's a huge man. If they just have to run around him, you should get the ball thrown. He's just that big. But he's athletic enough, too.""

ILB (depth) - We also at some point need another [inside] linebacker. We got [one], we think, in Chris White. Kirk Morrison's up and I don't know what will happen with him but we need another linebacker.

WR - know all you guys watched the games this weekend and there's only one Calvin Johnson," Nix said, referring to Detroit's All-Pro receiver. "But there's some more similar to that, that you throw it up there. They're not covered when they're covered. We could use another big-time receiver. Pass rusher and this WR are our biggest needs.

I have read in a few places that Nix is high on Chandler Jones and if he is there at 41 Nix would take him (just tossing that out there). It also looks like we are bringing in project QBs, so we should take that into account as well. Personally I find project QBs to be a waste of a pick and would rather grab backups through FA, but I'm not the GM.

We should look to see what the draft would look like if we get Floyd @10, if he is gone and we go OL@10 and CB @10. I know lots of people are high on Kuechley & DeCastro, I just don't know if I see them based off of Nix's needs. My knowledge for this draft falls off after the first round and top of the second. Who are the Tackle candidates from Smaller schools? What WRs other than Floyd (Pdaddy brought up Hill) fit what we are looking for? What later round CBs have good speed, size and are good in zone & could possibly fill in at safety? What Mid-Round LB could we be going after? What rounds do these QBs we have brought in project to and are they a better fit than the positions Nix said he wants to fill?

BTW - glad you all like the thread. Was just messing around yesterday and stumbled across a bunch of stuff and thought I would share. :thumbsup:

Response to Tenneseeboy:

It's been well documented what Floyd had to do to prove he has "changed his life". Interviews with Brian Kelly, him and other sources have said this very often, but those in the "No to Floyd" camp never mention that. (SN - Almost sounds like a Tea Baggers...oops, I mean Tea Party Obama bashing session. Just pointing out the one side to make someone else look bad. Tell the whole frickin story!!)

He went to alcohol abuse meetings, voluntarily stayed in the freshman dorms, became a much better student and worked hard to be a better leader and football player, because he was humbled by this experience. Just google it dude....

Just one of the many articles:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/nfl-scouting-combine-notre-dame-s-michael-floyd-confronts-alcohol-issues-1.267555

Edited by roccitybillsfan

Excellent job compiling all this information.

I agree completely here.

The Kuelchy, DeCastro, and Reiff talk seems misguided.

I think you've nailed the likely Bills draft board.

It's going to come down to the 6 players you mentioned.

Floyd

Gilmore/Kirpatrick

Martin/Adams/Glenn

The order of those 2 CB and 3 Tackles is the big question. We get to see the answer in about two weeks and 14 hours.

If the pick is outside of those 6 players (assuming the top 6 don't fall) I would be shocked.

I'm cool with any one of those four. Does anyone know if Kuechly can play OLB it just seem unlikely we'd take that route with Shep penciled in as the MLB.

Also, FWIW, I think Floyd has a 65+ catch season if he's on the Bills. Reminds me a lot of Moulds.

Edited by stony

I can see the Bills taking Floyd &/or Adams no problem but if Floyd is gone & Coples is still there we should consider him.

Front 4- Anderson, Darius, Williams & Williams

3 LBs - Barnett, Shep & Lights Out.

This improves our secondary BIG time, which makes our biggest needs a LT & then depth.

Biggest depth concerns - QB, WR & what if Kyle Williams doesn't return to former Probowl material & Merriman still can't hang. We should also be prepared for Anderson to be sPelled.

I couldn't agree more Im so sick of everyone kissing his ass when there has not been one NFL scout who can honestly say he will be a good to great lt in the pros. As for Jeffrey this may be just me being stupid but I still have james hardy stuck in my head and I can't help but feel that jeffrey looks exactly the same coming out of school, the only difference is that he played in the sec (which is a plus) I just like floyd more and ND plays against top level talent all year long. I go to MSU and we had the 4th ranked defense in college football pretty much stopped every offense that was thrown at us big name receivers the whole 9, but I specifically remember Floyd beating us every which way with sometimes awfully thrown balls and saying that I wanted him then and there. Yes he has DUIs but the dude is a gamer there is no question about that and he will be a stud for us.

Alshon was a heavily recruited player in HS, he turned down Southern Cal among many others, the comparisons to hardy are lazy at best.And for everyone questioning his "work ethic" b/c of that picture, is was an off season photo shoot, by the time the season started he was just fine. To me Alshon is one of those guys that is being ripped apart by the media b/c of bogus scouting and half assed reportin. Much like Anquan Boldin, who I have favored him to frequently.

I'm cool with any one of those four. Does anyone know if Kuechly can play OLB it just seem unlikely we'd take that route with Shep penciled in as the MLB.

Also, FWIW, I think Floyd has a 65+ catch season if he's on the Bills. Reminds me a lot of Moulds.

I think Coochie is projected as an OLB in the Bills new 3-4 scheme. A Little Bigger Bryan Scott.