AJ Hawk

Would you go after him if he was available via trade? He has been marginalized every year by GB since he doesn't really fit in their 3-4 scheme.

He started out in the league (and had his best seasons) in the 4-3 at weakside OLB. I know we have Barnett out there now but you would have to think he could transition to strongside OLB.

Just some food for thought.

Would you go after him if he was available via trade? He has been marginalized every year by GB since he doesn't really fit in their 3-4 scheme.

He started out in the league (and had his best seasons) in the 4-3 at weakside OLB. I know we have Barnett out there now but you would have to think he could transition to strongside OLB.

We should have drafted Casey Matthews in the 4th last year like everyone said. We have two fourths and could trade one for Matthews. If the 4th comes and goes look for us to make a move for Hawk in the 5th.

Hawk and Byrd would make an excellent combination. I like it! :)

Again? ;)

This was debated a TON in 2010 I think... B-)

Again? ;)

That may be true, I wasn't a regular around these parts then. BUT you would have to think that his value is even lower now making him worth a 4th or 5th rounder rather than a 3rd maybe 2nd rounder.

As you should know.

Just because you throw money at a player doesn't mean you're happy they are there, look at Sanchez.

From rotoworld at the end of Feb:

Despite a $4.4 million base salary in 2012, Packers ILB AJ Hawk is believed to be in no danger of losing his roster spot.

Asked if Hawk would be returning, coach Mike McCarthy replied, "A.J.? I have no reason to think he wouldn't be." Hawk reportedly drew derisive whispers from teammates after what was arguably the worst season of his career, and McCarthy suggested that 2011 sixth-rounder D.J. Smith will "push" for a starting job this season. Hawk's salary may be revisited in August.

We should have drafted Casey Matthews in the 4th last year like everyone said. We have two fourths and could trade one for Matthews. If the 4th comes and goes look for us to make a move for Hawk in the 5th.

What should we expect in the 6th this year, Crayonz?

Again? ;)

That may be true, I wasn't a regular around these parts then. BUT you would have to think that his value is even lower now making him worth a 4th or 5th rounder rather than a 3rd maybe 2nd rounder.

Didn't Hawk just sign an extension with Green Bay not too long ago?

Last year.

As you should know.

Yeah. It was discussed when there were rumors going around that Hawk was going to be released by the Packers.

He was in fact released and the next day he re-signed with the Packers at a reduced rate.

There were several threads about him it seems.

Or better than that... we should have gotten his brother, Clay Matthews. Match him with Hawk and Barnett... and we would be...

The Packers!