Discussing Chris Hairston for a minute

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter that MW proved he couldn't play LT. He was drafted that high to be a LT.

As for Polian and the Bills, the SB-era OL consisted of 2 players Polian drafted: a one 1st rounder (Wolford) and the other an 11th rounder (Ballard). One of the others (Ritcher) was already on the team.

what about Glenn Parker- 3rd 1990, John Fina-1st 1992 and the key free agent signings of Kent Hull and John Davis

Polian did not need to draft OTs in Ondy since the Colts used 1st and 2nd picks in 1997 to get their bookend OTs

We will see if Buddy has enough juice to draft a LT at #10.

my guess is they pick the WR and claim Hairston is a LT stud in disguise

As bad as the bills need a LT, my guess is that as long as Ralph is alive, the Bills will not draft a LT in the first round

They haven't done it since he banished Polian over his disagreement with his daughter about a LT - they won't start now if Ralph is anywhere near the draft room

Ralph Wilson will have little to say and influence on who will be selected. He is at a stage in his life where he is incapable of being materially involved in the football operation. He selected a person he is comfortable with, Buddy Nix, and he trusts his judgment. All the owner wants at this stage is to be kept informed as to what is going on. When Tom Donahoe was too dismissive of him the boss showed him who was the boss and unceremoneously gave him the boot.

If the owner is feeling well enough I'm sure that he will be in the draft room, at least for the first pick. That certainly is appropriate since he is the owner and signs the hefty checks.

It should be interesting to see if Ralph is at the draft… I tend to doubt it.

He missed numerous home games this year didn't he? Including the season opener?

I also thought he didn't attend the draft last year.

Just my recollections.

It should be interesting to see if Ralph is at the draft… I tend to doubt it.

He missed numerous home games this year didn't he? Including the season opener?

I also thought he didn't attend the draft last year.

Just my recollections.

Last year he fractured his hip in June. So he was incapacitated for a while undergoing rehab. As far as attending last year's draft I'm not sure. I do remember pictures of him and Dareus but not sure it was in NYC on draft day. It could have been at the hometown press day for the Bills' drafted players.

There is no doubt that the owner is slowing down and is less involved. No one has ever defeated Mother Nature. As I stated in a prior post RW is very comfortable with Buddy and trusts him. Buddy is smart enough and classy enough to be respectful and considerate of the aging owner.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/morning_roundup/2011/09/bills-owner-on-injury-list.html

what about Glenn Parker- 3rd 1990, John Fina-1st 1992 and the key free agent signings of Kent Hull and John Davis

Polian did not need to draft OTs in Ondy since the Colts used 1st and 2nd picks in 1997 to get their bookend OTs

We will see if Buddy has enough juice to draft a LT at #10.

my guess is they pick the WR and claim Hairston is a LT stud in disguise

Just a small thing...Fina was actually Drafted to be Ritcher's replacement at LG and was pushed over to LT when Wolford was stolen away... B-)