The Thread To Post Obama's Broken Promises

I guess the real question is what is the employment rate? How many more people are working now than 3-4 years ago?

You mean, count the people who still don't have a job but who've run out of unemployment?

In the articles touting month-to-month lower unemployment rates (neatly coinciding with layoffs+99 weeks), you can almost see the reporter jumping up and down wearing an 'Obama 2012' T-shirt. 'See? See? He's putting people back to work!'

Not fast enough to even keep pace with the number of young people who are joining the workforce, but whatever.

It still kills me that people crowing about 8.3% unemployment as though it's an accomplishment thought that 5.5% under Bush was a "jobless recovery". :wallbash:

Not sure if you're aware of this, but the unemployment rate ONLY began improving the moment the GOP took over Congress. Prior to that, it had only gone up when the left controlled everything.

Just sayin'...

What are you two idiots doing? Don't you understand that point in time analysis is the only kind we accept now? Forget about trending, and why are you guys bringing up Bush? We stopped blaming Bush...weeks ago. :lol:

On a side note, we are also replacing B.C. with B.O., for Before Obama, and A.D. with A.I., for After Inauguration. So, today is now 3 A.I. and therefore, you are bringing up ancient history. Weak. Nobody wants to talk about B.O.

Regards,

The White House Political Office

You mean, count the people who still don't have a job but who've run out of unemployment?

In the articles touting month-to-month lower unemployment rates (neatly coinciding with layoffs+99 weeks), you can almost see the reporter jumping up and down wearing an 'Obama 2012' T-shirt. 'See? See? He's putting people back to work!'

Not fast enough to even keep pace with the number of young people who are joining the workforce, but whatever.

That post was meant to reel in a lib or two for lunch today. Don't expose my hook! Seriously, they don't want to debate the real statistics and will probably run and hide from this subject. Notice how all the people claiming racism and murder have disappeared from the Martin thread?

Actually, how many people are now on disability, because their unemployment benefits ran out? Here's a hint: it's the highest it's ever been.

It still kills me that people crowing about 8.3% unemployment as though it's an accomplishment thought that 5.5% under Bush was a "jobless recovery". :wallbash:

A jobless recovery or jobless growth is an economic phenomon in which a macroeconomy experiences growth while maintaining or decreasing its level of employment. The first documented use of the term was in the New York Times in the 1930s.

Then there are the arguements that increased productivity through automation has allowed economic growth w/o job creation.

Historical context

Depressions and jobless recoveries were common in the 19th century

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobless_recovery

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/03/12/148450194/whats-the-opposite-of-a-jobless-recovery

In the past decade or so, we've gotten used to jobless recoveries, when the economy grows its way out of a recession without adding many new jobs.

At the moment, we may be living through the opposite of a jobless recovery. In the past few months, job growth has picked up, while economic growth has slowed.