Say Weeden is there in Round 2

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you draft Weeden in R2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if a great need is filled in the first round

New Rule: Thirty year-old rookies can't be drafted earlier than round 4. -Weeden looks fine standing behind a good college O-line, and tossing a football to a bunch of speedy 18 year olds, but in the pro's he is likely to be a tree stump. Sitting in a field waiting to get torn-up by professionals who get paid to do that sort of thing.

That said, I feel this guy is deserving of the chance to make somebody's roster. -Not ours, but somebody's. At Weeden's age, barring a miracle, he'll have to settle for the title of permanent backup wherever he goes. Carolina gave Weinke a chance at 29, why not Weeden? -I stand a much better chance of banging Kate Upton and her roomate, than Weeden does of beating Cam Newton out of his job.

So, to clarify, Weeden has earned the right to be drafted. But not in the 2nd, and certainly not by the Bills. IMO Weeden can have a fulfilling, albeit short, career playing a support role to a team that doesn't really need his support.

Edited by #34fan

At Weeden's age, barring a miracle, he'll have to settle for the title of permanent backup wherever he goes. Carolina gave Weinke a chance at 29, why not Weeden? - I stand a much better chance of banging Kate Upton and her roomate, than Weeden does of beating Cam Newton out of his job.

Is her roommate pretty hot or is she attainable?

Is her roommate pretty hot or is she attainable?

Apart from late-night visits to her NYC apartment from, you guessed it, Mark Sanchez, She pretty much lives alone. I saw a picture of her with a lipstick-lesbo looking friend, and got carried away. Here's the link -Lets just say I had plans for that Jets jersey.

Edited by #34fan

Apart from late-night visits to her NYC apartment from, you guessed it, Mark Sanchez, She pretty much lives alone. I saw a picture of her with a lipstick-lesbo looking friend, and got carried away. Here's the link -Lets just say I had plans for that Jets jersey.

Perhaps you could wear a Mario Williams jersey while you're doing whatever it is you'd be doing.

:devil:

I have to think this would at least be entertained by the Bills if Weeden falls to #41. Yes, he's old. But if he weren't... it seems like he could be looked at as a top prospect available for pennies on the dollar.

I like some other undervalued guys like Kellen Moore - round 4 or later - for Chan's system, but I wouldn't mind it if they went in this direction. Is it great to draft a guy who will be 28 and whom you have no illusions of starting in 2012? Maybe not. But, he provides an upgrade over Thigpen at the most important position on the field, and maybe even an insurance policy if Fitz bombs (which few of us are hoping for, of course). It's possible that the Bills could feel the same way, and there are ways to spin not upgrading in the first two rounds at WR, OT (less so, IMO), TE, or CB.

Given who will be on the board when the Bills make selections in the first two rounds, this might be the most interesting draft the Bills have had in awhile (and hopefully not for reasons like trading up for a bum!).

Just put down the bottle and whatever it is you are smoking.

Are you sure that's not actually Sanchez? :w00t:

Just put down the bottle and whatever it is you are smoking.

Why don't you just share your own perspective? Obviously whatever football knowledge you're withholding from us will be required if the blind in this world are ever to see.

If you've read the whole thread, you've seen that I think the guy is probably too old. I'm simply wondering where he'd be on the Bills board. You also might know I look at Moore differently than a lot of posters, but I don't go insulting anybody else who feels differently.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion. Might I add that next time you think an idea is stupid, you're free to just ignore it and let the thread die.

"Weeden… under pressure… flushed from the pocket… hops on his motor scooter and rolls right… "

:lol:

Nice.

Why don't you just share your own perspective? Obviously whatever football knowledge you're withholding from us will be required if the blind in this world are ever to see.

If you've read the whole thread, you've seen that I think the guy is probably too old. I'm simply wondering where he'd be on the Bills board. You also might know I look at Moore differently than a lot of posters, but I don't go insulting anybody else who feels differently.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion. Might I add that next time you think an idea is stupid, you're free to just ignore it and let the thread die.

:lol:

Nice.

Dude, you need to chill. I have seen similar posts without the kind of response to gave me. If it does bother you so much, well, then, you are also free to ignore it and let the post die. As long as I do not violate the TOS, I do believe I am allowed to post my opinion, just like you are.

Now, to get back to more polite conversation, I don't see Weeden as being really high on the draft board. Granted, somebody had to throw all those passes to Blackmon, but I think his age hurts him immensely. He strikes me as the type who will need 2 years grooming behind a veteran, by which time a team will have to determine if a QB in his late 20s will be of starting caliber. If not, (and I see draft boards listing him as high as a 2nd-round pick), any team that takes him before day 3 will have misspent that pick.