RE: Kelsay/Anderson

OLB: Morrison/Moats

MLB: Sheppard/(open)

OLB: Barnett/Merriman

CB: Florence/McFumbles

FS: Byrd/Scott

SS: Wilson/Searcy

CB: Williams/McGee

Again, I would go to war with that starting lineup. Personally, I would start Anderson over Kelsay.

I am only going one deep down the depth chart.

I'd prob swap Carrington and Johnson as I think that's more likely their positions in this defense. Also am curious if Edwards sticks around if he pushes Johnson off the roster. I doubt Merriman plays any OLB, more likely pass rush DE. They need help at depth LB potions at every spot.

Johnson is a DT not a DE. Carrington played a 4-3 DE in college. He drops 15 lbs and splits the LDE job with Anderson. Merriman plays DE not LB. Rest is OK.

Supposedly Williams will be playing LE, could see Carrington as his primary backup.

Edited by Carey Bender

If you look at the salary cap numbers the logical cuts will be among the following:

Kelsay + Merriman combined are about $10 million

Spencer Johnson + Dwan Edwards combined are about $8 million

That's about $18-$19 million that produces very little. Remember these guys have been here during the time the defense has sucked with no pass rush. Why keep them? Somethings gotta give. I would say at least two of the four are going.

If you look at the salary cap numbers the logical cuts will be among the following:

Kelsay + Merriman combined are about $10 million

Spencer Johnson + Dwan Edwards combined are about $8 million

That's about $18-$19 million that produces very little. Remember these guys have been here during the time the defense has sucked with no pass rush. Why keep them? Somethings gotta give. I would say at least two of the four are going.

Kelsay is going no where. he has naked pictures of Ralph Wilson giving a Spider Monkey a reach around. It's the only reason he's still here.

Edwards will probably not make it through camp. Merriman might be on the bubble, but he's in his last year anyway. Johnson is serviceable and makes plays when he needs do make plays.

Edwards is the only one I see possibly being cut.

Merriman's contract details:

[x]

1/1/2011: Signed a two-year, $10.5 million contract. The deal contains $5 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus, $1 million worth of first-year workout and reporting bonuses, and $3 million of his second-year base salary. Another $8 million is available through incentives, although $1 million is considered "unlikely to be earned." 2012: $4 million, 2013: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3171/shawne-merriman

You can cut him for not being an effective player, but it won't save much as $3M of the $4M he's due is guaranteed.

Edited by Carey Bender