Practice squad question??

LabattBlue

You have your 8 players signed to the practice squad and the season has started. A team wants to sign one of your practice squad players to their active roster. Do you have the opportunity to move him to your active roster in order to keep from losing him or is he gone???

I don't know for sure, but I think the team would have the option of signing him to the active roster before another team could pick him up. Seems like it would make sense since the team has a vested interest in the player. Not sure though.

You have your 8 players signed to the practice squad and the season has started.  A team wants to sign one of your practice squad players to their active roster.  Do you have the opportunity to move him to your active roster in order to keep from losing him or is he gone???

13115[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the rule states that the team that has the player on their practice squad can activate the player themselves before losing him (ie right of first refusal).

I didn't think you could sign players from other Practice Squads. I think the competition only comes in from the players needing to clear the waiver wire to be signed in the first place (i.e. all teams have to "pass" before you can sign them to your PS, then they are protected).

I didn't think you could sign players from other Practice Squads.  I think the competition only comes in from the players needing to clear the waiver wire to be signed in the first place (i.e. all teams have to "pass" before you can sign them to your PS, then they are protected).

13334[/snapback]

Nope you can sign any player off another teams practice squad. It must go to your 53 man roster, and you cannot cut the player. That is the player must remain on your 53 player roster (not sure if you can IR them in case of injury). The team whom has the player on their PS can sign them their 53 man roster to prevent losing a player.