[closed]A Real Look at Ryan Tannehill

For anyone who is still interested in tannehill, I broke down most of his games from last year (from good opponents) and came up with pros and cons and also whether I think he'd fit the Bills.

The Good:

•  
  • Excellent throws outside the numbers
  • Great speed in and out of the pocket
  • Excellent ability to throw on the run especially on the right side
  • Good awareness of yardage markers (knows how much he needs to get to the 1st down)
  • Excellent short-mid range vision and accuracy (0-25yds)
  • Good progression through his receivers
  • Excellent throws between the hash marks (over the middle) at all distances.
  • Good size
  • Great Arm Strength and ball speed, really is able to fit the ball into tight windows
  • Great improvisation/ Has ability to hold ball when taking hits (doesn't fumble a lot)/Difficult to sack
  • Excellent with red-zone reads, accuracy, and overall decision making.

The Bad

•  
  • Has difficulty stepping up in the pocket
  • Seems to favor the right side when throwing
  • Can try to thread the needle too much.
  • Struggles to lead on vertical deep routes of over 25 yards outside the hash marks. In addition seems to under throw deep balls in general, arm strength is there though (more than fitz)
  • Injury concerns?-Played wideout, seems fairly tough so doesn't bother me.
  • New to position
  • throws low on hitches and curls

Overall if he somehow does fall to us (between Miami and Cleveland I don't see it as likely but you never know) I would probably want the bills to take him with the 10th pick. If we sign Anderson I really think offense is the pick. I don't like any tackles besides Kalil and besides Tannehill am only really high on Floyd at 10. I think he would be a great fit for our offense. We run a lot of quick routes and he has tons of zip to get the ball at all aspects of the field quickly and efficiently. Like Fitz he's tough to take down and extends the play with his feet. Almost all of his problems are fixable and his talent is off the charts. If I had to compare him to an NFL player I would probably say Jay Cutler. He may be what gets us to the next level.

1332303853[/url]' post='2416492']

For anyone who is still interested in tannehill, I broke down most of his games from last year (from good opponents) and came up with pros and cons and also whether I think he'd fit the Bills.

The Good:

• Good awareness of yardage markers (knows how much he needs to get to the 1st down)
  • Good size
  • Great Arm Strength and ball speed, really is able to fit the ball into tight windows
  • Great improvisation/ Has ability to hold ball when taking hits (doesn't fumble a lot)/Difficult to sack

The Bad

• Struggles to lead on vertical deep routes of over 25 yards outside the hash marks. In addition seems to under throw deep balls in general, arm strength is there though (more than fitz)
  • New to position

Overall if he somehow does fall to us (between Miami and Cleveland I don't see it as likely but you never know) I would probably want the bills to take him with the 10th pick. If we sign Anderson I really think offense is the pick. I don't like any tackles besides Kalil and besides Tannehill am only really high on Floyd at 10. I think he would be a great fit for our offense. We run a lot of quick routes and he has tons of zip to get the ball at all aspects of the field quickly and efficiently. Like Fitz he's tough to take down and extends the play with his feet. Almost all of his problems are fixable and his talent is off the charts. If I had to compare him to an NFL player I would probably say Jay Cutler. He may be what gets us to the next level.

Like I said in another thread, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope he's our pick. I don't think he'll be there though. Major upside. If we sign Anderson our pass rush will be complete. The only things we really need to fill are #2 Wr, Lt and OLB. If we can sign Bell too, draft a Wr and OLB in rd 2 and 3 and a cb in rd 4. Hopefully we'd still have money to re up levitre and Byrd.

The Good:

•  
  • Good size

The Bad

•  
  • New to position

:thumbsup:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope he's our pick.

Howcome?

1332313451[/url]' post='2416541']

:thumbsup:

Howcome?

Because a month ago I thought it was a bad idea.

I'd love it if the draft turned out like you have it BB. Trading a second round to get Tannehill used to sound crazy to me. I'm sure most of tsw would still think its crazy, and I don't blame them. If gailey and nkxe want tannehill? Make it happen. Can't see or Robinson making it to rd 4, nor Law to 7. Streeters combine might have pushed him to rds 2-4

Edited by NewEra

Because a month ago I thought it was a bad idea.

I'd love it if the draft turned out like you have it BB. Trading a second round to get Tannehill used to sound crazy to me. I'm sure most of tsw would still think its crazy, and I don't blame them. If gailey and nkxe want tannehill? Make it happen. Can't see or Robinson making it to rd 4, nor Law to 7. Streeters combine might have pushed him to rds 2-4

I don't think Robinson and Law will go there either but using Drafttek's rankings as they take awhile to adjust but once the draft comes around I'll update it some more ( they have Law ranked at 285 which UDFA :lol: :lol: )

BTW great to see you on T-hill bandwagon :thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian