drocksthaparty's Bills mock

If Buffalo some how pulls off a deal for Anderson and gets him locked up, Buffalo will be set at D-Line.

Here would be my draft

1st Round - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama, let's be honest, it is not a pick that everyone is expecting, but I know how much they have been putting into these Cornerbacks. They have been targeting some guys in workouts, per my sources. And I think that CB to them is a bigger need, we could say good bye to McKelvin this year.

2nd Round - Lavonte David - OLB - NC State - Buffalo stays defense and gets one of the best OLB in the draft. He would fit the Bills mold very well, a fast linebacker who can get to the ball and cover.

3rd Round - Andrew Datko - OT - Florida State - Buffalo wanted a left tackle to compete with Hairston, well they just got there man. Datko is coming off an injury but let's be honest, I scouted this guy this year and if he wasn't injured he would have been a top 20 pick. Period, he is a stud.

4th Round - Vontaze Burfict - LB - Arizona State - Buffalo's LB Nick Barnett has been working with him and Buffalo has been there numerous times to see Burfict. He is what Buffalo needs, he brings depth and could be a very good pick up this late.

4th Round - Russell Wilson - QB - Wisconsin - He is a very good qb and will bring competition to Tyler Thigpen. Wilson has a very good arm and is a very mobile qb as well.

5th Round - Matt Reynolds - OT - BYU - Reynolds is a big boy, that is very smart. He could be a very good back up for the Right Tackle position. He could be there later but Buffalo won't risk the pick and get the guy that last year was rated very high. He decided to stay in school for his senior year.

5th Round - Jordan White - WR - Western Michigan - Buffalo went to his pro day and he was very impressive. Buffalo likes the late round wide receiver to see if he is going to come in and fight for a roster spot.

6th Round -Janzen Jackson - SS -McNeese State- Jackson was a Tennessee transfer to McNeese State. He is a hard hitter who is a ball hawk. He had a few problems in school, but has been improving on his problems off the field.

7th Round - Adrian Hamilton - DE/OLB - Prairie View A&M - I spoke with the Bills scout yesterday who told me the Bills are high on this kid. He is a very good player, who will have his pro day tomorrow. I will get the stats to update everyone tomorrrow, but Buffalo loves this kids motor.

If Buffalo some how pulls off a deal for Anderson and gets him locked up, Buffalo will be set at D-Line.

Here would be my draft

1st Round - Dre Kirkpatrick - CB - Alabama, let's be honest, it is not a pick that everyone is expecting, but I know how much they have been putting into these Cornerbacks. They have been targeting some guys in workouts, per my sources. And I think that CB to them is a bigger need, we could say good bye to McKelvin this year.

2nd Round - Lavonte David - OLB - NC State - Buffalo stays defense and gets one of the best OLB in the draft. He would fit the Bills mold very well, a fast linebacker who can get to the ball and cover.

3rd Round - Andrew Datko - OT - Florida State - Buffalo wanted a left tackle to compete with Hairston, well they just got there man. Datko is coming off an injury but let's be honest, I scouted this guy this year and if he wasn't injured he would have been a top 20 pick. Period, he is a stud.

4th Round - Vontaze Burfict - LB - Arizona State - Buffalo's LB Nick Barnett has been working with him and Buffalo has been there numerous times to see Burfict. He is what Buffalo needs, he brings depth and could be a very good pick up this late.

4th Round - Russell Wilson - QB - Wisconsin - He is a very good qb and will bring competition to Tyler Thigpen. Wilson has a very good arm and is a very mobile qb as well.

5th Round - Matt Reynolds - OT - BYU - Reynolds is a big boy, that is very smart. He could be a very good back up for the Right Tackle position. He could be there later but Buffalo won't risk the pick and get the guy that last year was rated very high. He decided to stay in school for his senior year.

5th Round - Jordan White - WR - Western Michigan - Buffalo went to his pro day and he was very impressive. Buffalo likes the late round wide receiver to see if he is going to come in and fight for a roster spot.

6th Round -Janzen Jackson - SS -McNeese State- Jackson was a Tennessee transfer to McNeese State. He is a hard hitter who is a ball hawk. He had a few problems in school, but has been improving on his problems off the field.

7th Round - Adrian Hamilton - DE/OLB - Prairie View A&M - I spoke with the Bills scout yesterday who told me the Bills are high on this kid. He is a very good player, who will have his pro day tomorrow. I will get the stats to update everyone tomorrrow, but Buffalo loves this kids motor.

Very good draft all around but 2 things I don't like...1st off I think Burfict may fall even past the 4th (still wouldn't mind him later though) and 2nd I do not want Kirkpatrick. He is not a good man to man CB besides height I dont like what he has to offer. I believe him being on the best Defense in college football made him look better than he actually was and if we're going CB at 10 I'd rather have Jenkins (who had similar off the field issues and seems changed). I think Jenkins a shut down corner (better than Haden at Florida) and would be great with our front 4 pressure.

Well I watched Janoris this year at North Alabama where I am a graduate and that is my Alum and I can tell you that Janoris was beat badly this year in routes. I wouldn't want Janoris over Dre. Just my opinion. All you need to do is get the film of him, you will see what I am talking about

Nice draft, Damond.

I agree with the second poster in that I wouldn't want Burfict, even in the 4th. I hear his Pro Day went even more badly than the combine and that he performed very poorly in interviews. I view the guy as being a late round pick at best.

As for Janoris Jenkins, I agree with you. He makes me think of Pacman Jones.

I just think w.r is more of a need then everyone thinks, just because we have 9 on the roster doesn't mean we have a real number 2 behind stevie, just a bunch of mediocre guys, an injury prone with unknown but still lots of potential (easley) and a 3rd rounder from a few years back with bad hands but a big body (hagan)

Here would be my draft

Great except the 4rth round :thumbdown: , just say no to Burfict, That's great that barnett is working with him but obviously has had little effect has was woefully under prepared for the combine. Along with his horrid play and lead feet no thank you.

Well I watched Janoris this year at North Alabama where I am a graduate and that is my Alum and I can tell you that Janoris was beat badly this year in routes. I wouldn't want Janoris over Dre. Just my opinion. All you need to do is get the film of him, you will see what I am talking about

Dre Rock's would be stoked to have him.

Nice draft, Damond.

I agree with the second poster in that I wouldn't want Burfict, even in the 4th. I hear his Pro Day went even more badly than the combine and that he performed very poorly in interviews. I view the guy as being a late round pick at best.

As for Janoris Jenkins, I agree with you. He makes me think of Pacman Jones.

Wow!!!! worse than the combine :blink: epic fail :sick: :sick: :sick:

Very good draft all around but 2 things I don't like...1st off I think Burfict may fall even past the 4th (still wouldn't mind him later though) and 2nd I do not want Kirkpatrick. He is not a good man to man CB besides height I dont like what he has to offer. I believe him being on the best Defense in college football made him look better than he actually was and if we're going CB at 10 I'd rather have Jenkins (who had similar off the field issues and seems changed). I think Jenkins a shut down corner (better than Haden at Florida) and would be great with our front 4 pressure.

Comparing Dre Kirkpatrick and Janoris Jenkins off the field behavior is like comparing someone who is distantly related to a murderer to Charles Manson. Kirkpatrick was never once suspended nor in Saban's "dog house" in his 3 years at Bama. On the other hand, google Jenkins and do some searching. You'll find some interesting stuff.

Edited by jangalang

Here would be my draft

All your picks are very reasonable. From a talent standpoint your first pick makes sense but I'm not particularly comfortable with it. I would prefer taking an OT with the first pick and still take the OTs you named in your draft. Why not spice up the offense with the selection of a highly rated receiver in Floyd with the first pick instead of taking a corner?

Your 2-5 picks are sharp. Matt Reynolds could have been a second round type of pick if it wasn't for his age. He is going to be 26 in May. I still like him. He is a mature player and person.

With respect to Burfict I don't want him no matter if he is available in a very low round. He is a toxic person and player. There is no need to deal with a known distraction regardless of the talent level.

I hope you don't think that I am picky but Lavonte David is from Nebraska, not NC State. I get the feeling that in this draft there is going to be a run on quick OLBs. There are a number of similar type players with similar rankings who are going to go in the second round.

Overall, you did an excellent job.

I like Datko as well; however, you failed to mention that this is his second major shoulder injury (blew it out Jr. year in HS), both requiring surgery. Combine show he recovers well (29.5 reps on the bench). Coming into his Sr. year he was rated as one of the best OT's in the NCAA. After this injury there are major concerns with reoccurring injury, hence the drop to 4th-5th round grade.

If we were to pick up a serviceable, stop gap type OT, in FA then e can afford the gamble (which I'm all for, because you're right in that he's a stud). I just refuse to believe that the Bills Brass is content with Hairston, at this point, although I think he'll be a pleasant surprise.

Let's be honest with ourselves, if they do sign Anderson, the chances of picking up said OT in FA drops significantly. Also, the "need" for a DB may not be as great with the addition of a legit pass rush (Williams and Anderson. Also, with the emergence of Justin Rogers, albeit on special teams, our secondary improves by default. There are options in the mid to later rounds at CB as well. That being said, I'm inclined to believe that we go OT @ 10 and WR in the second.