What Player Would you Take Based on These Combine Numbers?

Yes.

Prospect C is West Virginia DE/OLB Bruce Irvin. He's generally projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I consider him to be an elite player. I could be wrong.

Prospect D is Von Miller, last year's 2nd overall pick from Texas A&M.

Irvin was intriguing to me, but his suspect maturity was confirmed (for me, at least) with his recent arrest. I think he's a better fit as a 3-4 OLB, anyway.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I understand the point of this post. The idea was that Kuechly had all sorts of production as a college player, yet

he was being a bit downgraded because many scouts/media didn't think he was a superior athlete. I believe that the

original poster was using the combine numbers to suggest that Kuechly is an outstanding athlete who also has outstanding

production.

I am warming up to Kuechly as possibly being the best player available when the Bills selection comes along. I am not

worried about over-drafting Kuechly because LB (esp MLB) is downgraded in value. Top LBs, even those who are not

primarily pass rushers, can have a significant impact on the game. LB isn't the same as the very de-valued FB position.

I also believe that Kuechly can be an effective cover LB given his production in college and his better-than-expected

athletic ability.