More UFAs?

Haven't seen a thread on this. Feel free to close/delete if one exists (though pointing me to it would be appreciated :D ).

Since the big Mario signing on Thursday, all seems to have been quiet. Anyone know what's going on? Are we done in UFA or are we going to go after somebody else? Apparently we're not looking for a WR. But what about other positions? We had a serious lack of depth last year. I just don't want this Mario signing to turn into another T.O. situation (yes, I know there's a huge difference between the two) where we make a big splash, boost ticket sales, and then twiddle our thumbs.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at Mario's deal or not, but it pretty much took all of our cap space we had beyond what we need to sign our draft picks and resign players who's contracts are up after this season.

And Buddy's stated we're most likely out of the UFA business after the Mario deal. Beyond that, the FA pool for what we need (#2 Speedy Big WR and LT) is pretty much dry.

So barring a surprise release we can get at a fair price, I don't think we're doing anything beyond the draft and resigning our own. Which is the right move to make. No point in signing someone just to sign someone. Maybe we can get Bell and/or Scott back, but that's the most I expect.

we have enough $$$ left for a draft picks....not sure why Dwan Edwards hasn't been released yet. Bell is the only LT on the market and hasn't been offered anything yet, dont know why he hasn't given up and come back home. All free agent WR's that are better than what we already have have been signed. With our history of signing street free agents during the season due to injury its a good idea to saves some space on that cap. So we are done until after the draft.

We have the money, self-evident in the fact they were very willing to pay Meachem 20-25 million knowing full well what they were going to have to pay Mario. Buddy just doesn't seem to like a lot of the FA that are left. He likes specific kinds of players, and is looking for specific kinds of needs. If he saw a good fit as a LB or CB or LT for the money, he'd likely go after him. I would bet anything that if Mario Manningham were a big fast WR instead of an average sized, averaged speed WR he would have went strongly after him the way he did Meachem.

I think there is a decent chance we re-sign Scott, and perhaps even Roscoe (despite the size issue, Chan loves him) for veteran minimums when they realize no one is going to give them any substantial money. I also would not be surprised at all to re-sign Bell on a short term deal if he does not sign with the Redskins.