Just Wimbley baby

I want to see us resign Bryan Scott first and fill that hole before we add extras. While Wimbley would be nice to have we need LB's who can rush we need to make sure we can cover those underneath short routes. I have been balking a lot about signing Scott trying to get people to realize how important he is for Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, the Jets crazy passing and stupid things that Sanchez does that turn in to receptions because his short passing lanes are blocked and clogged, and then to help stop Miami and Reggie Bush's short routes. Its great if we get 3 guys in the backfield but if it is a pop gun pass like our rivals like to beat us with we need an LB to disrupt that!

really, I know everyone wants a dominant d-line, but like the 2nd poster noted, there are going to be lot's of short, quick routes run against the Bills, and they need the right LB's there to counter those kind of plays. They don't need another D-lineman.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

The guy is coming off of a 5 year 48 million dollar deal. He is going to want 7.5-9.5 million a year. The guy is a good player but not a game changer. Would be nice to add him as an OLB, but unless this team unloads S.Johnson, Kelsay, D.Edwards, and maybe another contract or two we aren't going to add a contract that big.

And while I would cut Kelsay and Edwards to free up 9 million to go after another free agent like Wimbly. My logic would be that Wimbly would have a great impact than Edwards and Kelsay would have. Sadly I don't think that they will cut Kelsay as the front office loves him, and while I think they will cut D.Edwards as his 4 million in cap space gives the Bills some breathing room. S.Johnson has the smallest cap number and I think he gives the Bills decent depth at the DT.

No, we need to save the money to extend our impending free agents.

M.Williams cap number is huge this season (From what I have heard its 25 million and will be 15-18 in the future) and it leaves us with about 7.5 million to play with. D.Edwards will likely be released to ease the cap number to about 11.5 million. So if you want to add Wimbly you would likely have to release Kelsay and S.Johnson to free up another 8ish million and still have a comfortable cap situation going forward.