Backup QB

Not sure how I feel about Dixon, but I will say that if we sign Super Mario then we need to take a look at securing an upgrade at back-up QB. It would be stupid to spend all that money on Mario, assuming they are planning to make a real push for some playoff wins, but then leave it up to Thigpen should Fitzy go down.

What about bringing Dennis Dixon in. He would be 10x better then any back up we have, and I think could be a very good QB in this league.

This would be a fantastic addition! Seriously...he has a lot of upside, even as a potential starter not just a back up. He has been stuck behind Big Ben, so he was never going to play. But he would have been a top 10 pick had it not been for the injury his Sr. year and is the type of QB perfect for Chan. Worst case scenario, he is an upgrade over Thigpen, and who knows, could end up being a guy we develop into a dangerous starter.

I have been mentioning Dixon as a potential QB to target as a young guy with upside to be groomed into a dangerous backup or potential full time starter for a long time. Its little to no risk...sign him to let him compete for 2nd string with Thigpen and see what happens. If he gets beat by Thigpen, then he gets cut...no harm no foul.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This would be a fantastic addition! Seriously...he has a lot of upside, even as a potential starter not just a back up. He has been stuck behind Big Ben, so he was never going to play. But he would have been a top 10 pick had it not been for the injury his Sr. year and is the type of QB perfect for Chan. Worst case scenario, he is an upgrade over Thigpen, and who knows, could end up being a guy we develop into a dangerous starter.

I have been mentioning Dixon as a potential QB to target as a young guy with upside to be groomed into a dangerous backup or potential full time starter for a long time. Its little to know risk...sign him to let him compete for 2nd string with Thigpen and see what happens. If he gets beat by Thigpen, then he gets cut...no harm no foul.

My thoughts exactly.

Ok, now the Bills have filled their biggest FA need with the best DE in the NFL. That is awesome. However, not to be negative, but to get conversation going on who they should focus on next. This season could completely tank if they don't fill this hole: Backup QB. I am not convinced that Thigpen is anything other than a 3rd string QB. Brad Smith should NEVER play QB (could be our #2 or 3 WR, but that's for another day). So, do you think we should get a QB in FA. I would say yes, because such a QB has NFL experience and could step in right away if Fitz gets injured. (don't think Bellicheat won't try that!). A rookie QB in the 4th round is nice, but not the type of guy to come right in. So, the questions: (1) should the bills get a FA QB. And, if so, who? [i have only included people that I think the Bills have a realisitic chance of getting based on price. So I have excluded Manning and Flynn].

Edited by RyanC883

Haven't seen this anywhere else but what would you think about bringing in David Garrard?

He has a ton of starts made a pro bowl and is willing to come in as a backup. I think he would be a solid pickup and if Fitz went down a very capable starter.

I love it. I just posted a poll about who we should get as backup qb. to me, this is the biggest hole on the team at this point. Right now, if Fitz gets hurt, season is lost.