Buddy Nix Place a TON Of Pressure On Ownership

Can you (or anyone who heard the interview) recap it for us out of towners?

Thanks!

Ignore him, either he has a hearing impediment, a problem with comprehension or is just intellectually challenged.

Nix stated repeatedly that they would be very aggressive. He said they have two guys targeted that they're going to go after hard and that we'd know the names!

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

If they are not going to land Williams or Jackson (which is fine), they sure as heck better be getting one DE and WR just a level below those two. They are going to HAVE to overpay so just expect that in the process.

Colston, Garcon, Lloyd, Meachem at WR

Mincey and Wimbley on D

Buddy just said hoping to have their larger targets wrapped up by Friday. I REALLY hope he knows what he is saying because there is a LOT of hope floating around out there....

Garcon and LLoyd are both listed only at 6 feet even I think Buddy wants a tall 6-4" type.

Also I hope it's not Mincey as he had 5 of his 8 sacks in 2 games vs the colts ( so 3 sacks in the other 14)

Wimbley and Meachum would make me very happy.

Ignore him, either he has a hearing impediment, a problem with comprehension or is just intellectually challenged.

Nix stated repeatedly that they would be very aggressive. He said they have two guys targeted that they're going to go after hard and that we'd know the names!

Ah that makes sense ... much appreciated!

My feelings exactly. I have been expecting nothing more than last year, but today they really seem to try say they will make some noise. If they don't sign at least one starter who can impact the team to the playoffs, then there will be a lot of hate going around. They even got me convinced, and more than likely they will make me look like a fool.

Don't be so hard on yourself DIUT. ;) All of us have been led up the mountain by the Bills in the past 12 seasons only to be disappointed. I think it's only prudent to take a wait and see approach.

I don't know, it almost sounds as though Buddy is confident they ARE getting one of the big two. I just can't imagine Williams in a Bills uni but if that ever happened, i'm tailgating tomorrow. At least it's been fun with the possibility of this happening but I believe Williams goes to Bears or Bucks....

Completely disagree with the premise of this thread. A GM does NOT pressure his owner via the media. A GM speaks based on decisions already made internally. Or, he's an ex-GM rather quickly.

I don't know, it almost sounds as though Buddy is confident they ARE getting one of the big two. I just can't imagine Williams in a Bills uni but if that ever happened, i'm tailgating tomorrow. At least it's been fun with the possibility of this happening but I believe Williams goes to Bears or Bucks....

Not landing a big fish does NOT equate to a lack of commitment. Remember, players actually get a say in where they go.

Completely disagree with the premise of this thread. A GM does NOT pressure his owner via the media. A GM speaks based on decisions already made internally. Or, he's an ex-GM rather quickly.

It's not like Nix didn't talk to wilson before opening his mouth. Obviously every is on the same page but what I am saying is, if a pretty nice move is not made, the heat will be directed at Wilson. Bills may throw everything they have and still come away with nothing. The talk has been LOUD and it's pretty risky with how crappy this team has been for over a decade...