Skins out of VJax running

Do Chris Brown's recent blurbs about free agency have a different ring to them than normal? Maybe it's just me, but it sounds like he thinks we too are players for big names. I know there are many on here who assume we will be (I certainly hope we will), but I guess it's a hard thing to expect after the past few years...

I'd route for VJax if he came here (certainly lots of FA wrs out there), but I would be really excited about Mario....that would just be incredible.

On Chicago and Mario: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/12/bears-frontrunner-for-de-williams/

I just wish I had confidence that our OT Hairston could hold down that L T spot....I had hopes at the beginning when they moved him in then he started getting beat.....

he needs to drop some weight

This is when many 1st year prospects really make changes in themselves; I wish I had as much confidence as I did when Rusty Jones was on staff.

If Washington is out of the VJax sweepstakes and Chicago lands Peppers (effectively taking them out of the VJax sweepstakes), we may actually have a route to sign him. There are a few subtle ties to Buffalo (Nix, Merriman) and all else equal he'd probably view Buffalo as a better opportunity than Tampa Bay.

I previously didn't envision a scenario wher Jackson came to Buff, but things are looking differently now. I'd much prefer Mario Williams to Vincent Jackson, but Jackson maybe the more realistic option. If he can stay healthy, I think VJax would take our offense to a whole new level. It would also give the Bills the opportunity to focus their draft needs mainly on defensive prospects(DL,LB,CB), outside of an offensive lineman.

If you think about it, WR's are a position that generally take guys a couple of years to grow into coming out of college. Maybe attacking the WR need via Free Agency makes some sense in that regard. Let's see, we should have a lot of answers in the next 48-72 hours.